It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
(male)

elty HB User
Wisdom teeth extracted, now pain when drinking water

I have my wisdom teeth extracted 10 days ago. Went to dentist for a check up yesterday and he said it heals fine. He also told me to use the syringe to clean the hole 3-4 times a day.

Then today I began to feel a bit of pain, especially when drinking not warm water (doesn't have to be cold). Did I accidentally damage the extraction hole and cause a dry socket? I am sure I did not touch the hole with the syringe, as I just place it near by and inject warm salt water to it.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
(female)

eelynshl HB User
Re: Wisdom teeth extracted, now pain when drinking water

I am having some pain too while rinsing with salt water and drinking some water today, after the 3rd day of wisdom tooth extraction, today is 4th, i sneezed a lot yday, and today started feeling some slight pain when i rinse the wisdom tooth area or drink some water, but im fine with eating. And not water.

I wonder why. My clot seems pretty quick this time, it managed to clot all well within 24 hours, and i do not taste any blood after that, compare to my previous extractions which took more than a week to completely taste bloodless.

But i don't understand why when water is around the wisdom tooth area, i will feel some sharp pain. But its still bearable. It is not very pain, just some slight pain, but when i leave it to dry, the pain will go off.

Can anyone tell me why? Have anyone experience before?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
(male)

Tribulation HB User

I can't say why it hurts, but I have experienced the same thing. A few days after extraction my left right extraction site would sting and ache for a bit when I drank anything cold. I told the dentist about this during my check up and he didn't seem too worried about it, apparently it's normal. It's not doing it yet today, eight days after removal, so let's hope it stays that way. At the moment I do have a bit of pain in my mouth and there's still a lot of food I can't eat either because it's too rough on the sites of extraction or because chewing causes my lymph node to hurt too much.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
(female)

eelynshl HB User

I feel pain even during the night but when I bite on it , it feels better.

However I can't eat on the sites of extraction still, nvr experience such even with my previous wisdom tooth removal. This is just abnormal to me.

I tried chewing something soft on the left site which I got my wisdom tooth extracted, even the molars are in pain.

It is not the wisdom tooth area that's in pain but the molar instead.

What abt yours? Are they the wisdom tooth extraction area that is pain or the whole row of the site? I tried knocking on it to find out the exact tooth which is in pain, it is the last and 2nd last molar tooth that are giving me the pain. Hmm... I wonder why?

Im going for chiropractic treatment today hopefully the chiropractor could help bcz I think I got this toothache pain feeling ever since the other chirpractor messed me up!

Maybe it's the nerves that's causing me the pain.. Hopefully ... I guess I need to go for check up too, as my dentist didn't ask me to do a follow up though he told his nurse to call me to check on my condition..

Old 10-05-2012, 05:48 AM   #5
(male)

JohnMoran HB User

It's very common..you didn't do anything wrong..everything will be alright.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 AM   #6
(female)

eelynshl HB User

It wasnt my wisdom tooth pain, it was actually from the molar. The pain was intended these couple of days and I went to the dentist yesterday and today and finally they get an x ray for me and saw smtg on my molar and extracted it today.

Hope this will be the end of all tooth issues for me! I got myself some homeopathy herbs, the doctor gave me arnica and some wash for anti bacterial. So I don't have to take western medications which is bad for my health and system.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #7
(female)

eelynshl HB User

Sorry I meant my pain was intense these couple of days.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #8
(male)

ZoriWser HB User

Check out your dentist if you encounter ongoing or serious pain. Serious pain, or pain that doesn't reduce after a few times, may indicate a serious issue that your dentist needs to be conscious of.
Try percolate gum on the part where you're being affected by pain. Consuming gum will properly rub the distressing position and may provide some short-term relaxation.
Use a exterior mind-numbing agent. Oral mind-numbing drugs can be bought over-the-counter at most medication stores, lower price stores, and marketplaces. Just implement a little bit to the position to insensitive the website for up to Half an hour at a time.

http://dentalimplantsmanhattan.biz

Last edited by ZoriWser; 10-12-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
(male)

ZoriWser HB User

Check out your dentist if you encounter ongoing or serious pain. Serious pain, or pain that doesn't reduce after a few times, may indicate a serious issue that your dentist needs to be conscious of.
Try percolate gum on the part where you're being affected by pain. Consuming gum will properly rub the distressing position and may provide some short-term relaxation.
Use a exterior mind-numbing agent. Oral mind-numbing drugs can be bought over-the-counter at most medication stores, lower price stores, and marketplaces. Just implement a little bit to the position to insensitive the website for up to Half an hour at a time.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
(male)

ZoriWser HB User

Closed Thread