It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
(female)

kmelise2277 HB User
26 years old. Full top extractions

Hey everyone.

I just need some kind words and possibly some testimonies on how it went for anyone who has had this done.

I have a date set to remove my two bottom wisdom teeth (They're impacted and have not come out yet), 3 bottom teeth, and all of my upper teeth with immediate upper dentures and a lower partial plate. My teeth have been terrible for a long long time since income hasn't always been there for me. I'm also only 26 years old, and hoping It's not so rare that young people like me have to get this done. I've had teeth extracted before, but not this many at once.

The oral surgeon said it was too late to fix any of my teeth, and that they're suffering from terrible tooth decay.

I'm honestly terrified. Deep down I know it's nothing, you are 'out' for most of it and you wake up in the recovery room a little loopy. but the anxiety before hand is just as bad as the procedure itself!

Last edited by kmelise2277; 08-20-2012 at 09:48 PM.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: kmelise2277
BarbieGirl87 (08-31-2012), Tropic (08-24-2012), Troubledguy (08-26-2012)
Old 08-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: 26 years old. Full top extractions

It is a difficult choice to make but go into it with an open mind and consider the improvements to your health once it is done. You are not the youngest to go through this and being young, you will adapt quickly. Modern dentures are very lifelike and being young will be undetectable on you. There is some discomfort involved while you heal and adapt to the dentures but if you follow the dentists directions and stay close to him or her, you will get through it and move on with life. You will do just fine!

The Following User Says Thank You to Sandybeech For This Useful Post:
kmelise2277 (08-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
(female)

BarbieGirl87 HB User
Red face Re: 26 years old. Full top extractions

Sorry. New here. Accidentally posted twice

Last edited by BarbieGirl87; 08-31-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
(female)

BarbieGirl87 HB User

Hi. I'm 25 and I actually got ALL my teeth extracted 3 days ago with full upper and lower immediate dentures. If I were you I would just get the extractions done. I know how hard it is with our age, but would you rather have dentures or bad teeth? I've been going through hell with my mouth for the last 4 years. My body was actually being poisoned by the decaying teeth :-( Save yourself the struggle hun. I'm in a little bit of pain now, because of the extractions and eating & talking is harder than ever. Thats why I came on here. The top dentures are amazing, and fit perfectly. But the bottoms are a different story. They are sooo annoying. Luckily, you wont have that problem. Keep your head up. You're not alone!

The Following User Says Thank You to BarbieGirl87 For This Useful Post:
kmelise2277 (08-31-2012)
Old 08-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
(female)

kmelise2277 HB User

Thank you for the kind words. I'm still getting word back on whether or not I'm covered under a health plan, and that's a huge deal, I think that might be causing more anxiety than the procedure itself

Keep me posted, Barbie.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #6
(male)

NishantfrmIndia HB User

Hey Look here my friends. Read this experience of mine. This will help.

Don't always listen to dentists. They know half the things. I will tell you my experience and its up to you weather you believe and try this or not.

I have had my upper molar hurting for last one year and has been wiggling as well. I used to think this will heal itself and let it go on. Things went worse actually and that tooth became dark in colour. The tooth has either died, as per dentist and every dentist suggested a root canal treatment. My teeth pains deep down if I were to chew something with that molar. Definitely the bacteria had gotten in there and had infected the tooth pulp and also spread in the jaw bones, through the root tip. I also used to have a swelling on palate, near the tooth. I had almost decided to go for root canal, after all the reading on internet that there is no way out. Now here comes the twist.

FYI, I had been taking turmeric with milk everyday and that has helped me in countering cold however it was not proving much with my teeth. So, I decided one more thing to try and that was garlic & ginger. I ate one clove of garlic and ginger four days back. And guess what? The swelling of my palate started reducing the same day. Within two days all the swelling away and today all the swelling has gone away. Perfectly.

Garlic has been known to strengthen Immune system. I cant over emphasise that. It will be down to you to try this. It will take less than one day to start showing the results. I am sure all dental issues are related to bacteria infesting the teeth and I believe that garlic can cure almost all dental infection very well.

Look if you want to go for modern treatments, its upto you. But why not wait for one day, just one day and try this. You may change your mind. My swelling is gone and am hoping that the deeper infections will go away with time as I continue on with this therapy. I still have the pain when I chew hard things but I am sure even that will go. It has been just three days now since I started this garlic/ginger stuff.

Will keep you posted with my dental health progress.

Closed Thread