It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
(female)

AMY N HB User
Unhappy Full complete dentures

Hi everyone - I am getting ready for a complete set of dentures they are pulling the tops the 23 and the bottoms the 30th of Aug 2012 - and I am scared to death - can someone and or anyone please tell me in truth what it is going to be like - I am not getting put out and am getting a strong sedative - I am a basket case - please help - thanx me

Old 08-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
(female)

bobinsky HB User
Re: Full complete dentures

I had my teeth extracted 2.5 months using novacaine. The extractions were not painful, nor was the healing process. However, I got my immediate dentures after the front teeth were pulled and the pain from the dentures was agonizing, to the point where I sobbed when it came time to put them in. My dentist checked things out and advised me to wait several weeks for the gums to heal - I guess this is not standard procedure as most people get immediates and wear them. Anyway, I went five weeks without teeth, got my completely remade permanent dentures and have not had many problems, beside the odd sore spot. Dentists are different and I feel that the success or failure with dentures has a lot to do with how your dentist treats the issues you have. Discuss with him/her the situations and your anxieties. Do not let them leave you in distress or pain. That is not what you're paying them for.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread