It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
(male)

jimmyc123 HB User
Dental problems causing dizziness, balance problems, and swaying?

This is probably a long shot but I am trying to figure out what is going on with me at the moment.

I have been suffering from dizziness, Swaying sensation / rocking motion, not full vertigo but more of a semi-vertigo type. Off-balance and giddyness. After visiting a doctor I was told this was more than likely labrynthitis. Initially this started after experiencing a few episodes is partial vertigo lasting a few minutes.

The reason I am posting within the dental forum is I remember having this feeling (swaying, rocking in a boat sensation) a few years ago when I developed a tooth abcess (the symptoms went away shortly afterwards).

About 4 days prior to the onset of these symptoms I had went to the dentist and had a post core and cap on my top tooth, the entire procedure lasted a few hours. I recall some spasms? of my jaw during the procedure like when you get a trapped nerve, I am unsure if this is normal - however I thought nothing of it at the time.

Anyway these symptoms have being present for 3 weeks now with little improvement. It may be something such as labrynthitis although I was wondering whether there is any possibility dental work could be the culprit here?

I do have 4 teeth that need to be removed from my upper jaw (back teeth).

Closed Thread