It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
(female)

akojen HB User
Exclamation Full Mouth Extraction on the horizon, but need info.

Hello, any readers. I've been aware for some time that I will have to have a full mouth extraction (teeth only, of course), and the time has finally arrived. I'm not really afraid of anything except the cost.

While I understand each case is different, NO ONE online seems to be willing to list precisely how much they paid for their treatment. I have 26 (more or less) teeth left, in various stages of decay. I am disabled, live on SSDI and have no insurance at all. While I'm fortunate enough to have parents with GOOD credit who are willing to sign the dental loan for me, I really would like to know what I'm getting into here, as I'll be paying off the loan from my meager funds.

I cannot afford dentures at this time, let alone implants, loan or not. I'm prepared to be toothless (at 42) for as long as it takes for me to get into a dental college and somehow work up the funds to have implants done by a resident. But until then, can ANYONE in the US tell me how much they paid for their full mouth extraction?

I've heard the horror stories about poor service and inadequate anesthesia, but I've been through plenty of pain before. I'm quite willing to go through even torturous surgery to get rid of the agony in my mouth I've lived with for over six months.

After all, once the nerves are gone, the rest is just healing, even IF I end up having to deal with infection. This might make it sound as though I don't have any faith in the clinic I've chosen (haven't met them yet), but I'm not really that fussed.

It's, as always, about money. When you don't have any, that's pretty much all you can focus on. Hope someone gets this in time and can give me some idea of a price range. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

--akojen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

tanyasue HB Usertanyasue HB Usertanyasue HB User
Re: Full Mouth Extraction on the horizon, but need info.

I've never had extractions so I can't help you there, but I wanted to tell you good luck and I hope things go well.

The Following User Says Thank You to tanyasue For This Useful Post:
akojen (08-28-2012)
Closed Thread