It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 04:09 AM   #1
(male)

jameslm85 HB User
Too deeply drilled filling?

Hi,

I recently noticed a small hole in one of my upper teeth (third from front). I went to the dentist and as expected filled the tooth. He commented it at the end he had to drill quite deep which suprised me as it didn't seem a big hole. The filling felt okay afterwards, but after two weeks or so, the tooth has begun to 'ache'. It doesn't hurt to chew on and the aching doesn't really hurt, but I can sense it there.

I'm worried that the dentist may have drilled too deep and now left my tooth pulp exposed and lead to root canal. I've got an appointment in a few days to get it checked out again.

I know its difficult for anyone to say on a forum wether or not the dentist drilled to deep without being an expert seeing my tooth before and after. But does this sound like a common complaint? I guess all I can do is get the problem fixed, however that may be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Too deeply drilled filling?

If a tooth has decay, then the dentist needs to take out all of the decay. That's good medicine. Is it possible that you need root canal work now? Yes, unfortunately it is.
But it doesn't mean that the dentist drilled too deeply, thus making it his fault. It is POSSIBLE that he drilled too deeply, but if he mentioned it to you then I think it's because you had a lot of decay. Just my opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread