It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
(male)

Arimatic HB User
Question about what my options are

Hello!

I just had a few quick questions.

My front teeth are very messed up and have been for about 5 months now. About 8 months or so back I was playing with my 3 year old son and he was jumping on me and he slipped and his head cracked me right on my teeth and messed them up. When I was younger I stupidly never took care of my teeth either so they have never been very good.

Well after the accident with my son my front tooth was chipped pretty bad and the teeth directly to the left and right had small chips and didn't look right. I was eating a sandwich about a month later and my front tooth completely came out except for the root. I haven't had any insurance and so I've been putting it off. Over the last few months there has been discoloration (mostly yellow) on the root of my broken tooth and on the teeth beside them and it seems like it has gotten worse. The two teeth beside my broken one actually have like indentions about the size of the tip of my finger where part of the tooth is missing. There hasn't been any pain whatsoever in my teeth, but it just looks HORRIBLE. I am starting a new job on November 1st so I will have really good dental insurance and I plan on going to the Dentist first thing.

I don't know anything about this so I'm just wondering if anybody can give me any insight on what to expect, what my options are, and just kind of give me an idea as i'm pretty lost here. I took a picture to post here but it just looks so horrible that I am embarrassed to even put it on here. Thank you in advance for your help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
(female)

WW2ER HB UserWW2ER HB UserWW2ER HB User
Re: Question about what my options are

Congratulations on the new job!

And, congratulations on the decision to get your smile taken care of.

Hopefully you have people you can get good recommendations on regarding a good dentist. In my opinion, stay away from those that have big flashy advertisements.

Dental insurances are not all the same, so hopefully yours will be the sort that you have a decent coverage in terms of how much they cover. Some insurance companies only cover 50%, others 80 to 90% of the cost. Most insurances also have a maximum amount per year that they will cover. It used to be around $2000 a year. Your new dentist, after initial exam, should prioritize what needs to be done first, and in many cases when lots of work needs to be done it can be done in phases.

From your brief description of your issues, you're looking at crowns, maybe some root canals, etc. etc. The dentist front office staff should be able to work with you regarding financing everything.

Good luck, and be patient. With time you should have that smile back!

Closed Thread