It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
(female)

clemmarie3 HB User
Question Allergic reaction to dental crowns

It started months ago when I had 5 crowns placed in my mouth. I had horrible burning even the burning got so bad it caused lesions. My throat began burning. Then my face, scalp, neck and chest. A burning rash appeared. Then throat and sinus infection. Different Drs put me on 4 different antibiotics and 3 types of prednisones. I have had elevated white blood cell count long term, but last test normal, sinus and chest xray, brain ct (all normal at present) am awaiting dermatogist's biopsy of skin and culture of mouth results. Off prednisone (found out it was suppressing my immune system) taking last day of antibioic Clindamycin and still have horrible burning pain in my mouth and throat. I do not know what went wrong with the last two crowns, but that is where the burning pain has been constantly. I feel those crowns have to be removed. I have an old crown that was porclain over metal and never had any problem. Could something chemically gone wrong when these last two crowns were made? Please I would be so grateful for any help.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User
Re: Allergic reaction to dental crowns

Crowns containing nickel can cause problems in some people, so you need to ask the techniciam who made them the composition of the alloy. If the crowns are all-porcelain, the problems you are experiencing are unconnected with your crowns,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
(female)

WW2ER HB UserWW2ER HB UserWW2ER HB User

I have a friend who is allergic to gold

Old 11-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
(female)

McK HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemmarie3 View Post
It started months ago when I had 5 crowns placed in my mouth. I had horrible burning even the burning got so bad it caused lesions. My throat began burning. Then my face, scalp, neck and chest. A burning rash appeared. Then throat and sinus infection. Different Drs put me on 4 different antibiotics and 3 types of prednisones. I have had elevated white blood cell count long term, but last test normal, sinus and chest xray, brain ct (all normal at present) am awaiting dermatogist's biopsy of skin and culture of mouth results. Off prednisone (found out it was suppressing my immune system) taking last day of antibioic Clindamycin and still have horrible burning pain in my mouth and throat. I do not know what went wrong with the last two crowns, but that is where the burning pain has been constantly. I feel those crowns have to be removed. I have an old crown that was porclain over metal and never had any problem. Could something chemically gone wrong when these last two crowns were made? Please I would be so grateful for any help.
I find this VERY curious....as I have been going through it the past several months....Dr.'s can't figure out what is wrong with me either! This started after permanent crowns and I have an appt with my dentist tomorrow to discuss possibilities....the part I find the most strange is MY dentist is ALSO located in Tulsa, Ok! I had slight reactions to work I had done in April and the last work was in August and it seems each time I have work done, my symptoms get MUCH worse! Same burning sensation in throat and much pain on the side that I had the dental work. Odd thing is....the reaction seems to run all the way down my body on the side I had the work but once it starts coming back up the circulatory system on the left side, it eases up. Whatever it is, seems to be systemic and has been ongoing for months here also. I sent a friend request and would love to know if we frequent the same dental office.

Closed Thread