It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
(female)

Sleepflower HB User
Advice/Support/help please. Bad teeth/young age.

Hello Everyone.

Not sure where to start this but I am so worried about my teeth I'm not sure if I am overreacting, or if my situation is as bad as it is.

I am 25, currently have about 11 fillings, all of which are pretty big and through or near the nerve. My first upper molar has been filled about 3 times, the last time I visited an emergency dentist the pain was that bad, they drilled a hole and left it with wool in to relieve the pressure. When I went to my regular dentist they said it did not need root canal or removal and that to refill it and see how it goes. Anyway, 2 years later and I have a huge abscess, on my second course of anti-biotics. The tooth has always been a problem, I feel constant pressure/funny taste and I'm always aware of it if you know what I mean? So against all my dentist wishes I have been referred to the hospital for removal. They have told me it is affecting my sinuses too and may tear a hole in the sinus.

I've just been for my checkup, two months later (still on the waiting list for the extraction) And the tooth next to it is rotting and needs refilling and another tooth needs refilling. An upper molar next to my erupting wisdom tooth is hurting which she suggests gets removed to go in place of the molar.

So I have a couple of questions?

1. Is this amount of dental trouble something to worry about at 25. I'm terrified of dentists and I look after my teeth so much. (2 brushes, two different mouth washes, floss and tooth picks and gum after every meal/snack)

2. for my upper first molar, the surgeon suggested I get a partial denture or implant to avoid any teeth moving/over eruption and bite problems. My regular dentist said my bite is awful anyway and that she doesn't think it is necessary. (my tongue rests on one side of my teeth but not on the other which I'm guessing is the iffy bite) IS it really necessary to replace one tooth??

3. My teeth are very wonky (apparently when I was younger braces where a big no due to my dental fear) When i smile it looks like I have teeth missing at the front because they are so set back. Do people really notice things like this or am i over thinking it because I'm so obsessed with my teeth ??

Sorry for all the rambling - I can't really talk to anyone at home about it. They don't understand how much it depresses me every day. Every dentist visit is just another problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
(male)

PuyallupWa HB User
Re: Advice/Support/help please. Bad teeth/young age.

Hey there

I'm kind of where you are at, maybe not quite the amount of bad teeth at 25, but I definitely have many issues and I am not 40.

In regards to one tooth missing giving you problems. I have the lower left 3 teeth missing (From my far back molars in). I don't really miss them, and it hasn't really impacted my ability to eat whatever I wanted.

I have that fear as well (For me I have a small cavity on one of my front teeth, I am also sub concious about that but I try not to think about it, I'm just looking forward to getting it all fixed however.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
(female)

Sleepflower HB User
Unhappy Re: Advice/Support/help please. Bad teeth/young age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuyallupWa View Post
Hey there

I'm kind of where you are at, maybe not quite the amount of bad teeth at 25, but I definitely have many issues and I am not 40.

In regards to one tooth missing giving you problems. I have the lower left 3 teeth missing (From my far back molars in). I don't really miss them, and it hasn't really impacted my ability to eat whatever I wanted.

I have that fear as well (For me I have a small cavity on one of my front teeth, I am also sub concious about that but I try not to think about it, I'm just looking forward to getting it all fixed however.

Thank you for getting back to me. Do you have anything to replace the 3 teeth you have? or just the gap?

I used to be happy that a problem was solved. But now, no matter what I try No matter how much I change my diet, and how well I care for my teeth, every dentist visit gets worse and worse. First it was a few fillings, then 8 more fillings, now two teeth need to go and more fillings. I feel like I will have dentures before 30

Old 03-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
(male)

PuyallupWa HB User
Re: Advice/Support/help please. Bad teeth/young age.

Sorry I'm getting back to you so late.

I just have a gap back there, i can smile and its not noticeable. I don't really miss it

Reply Reply

Tags
depression, extraction, fillings