It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
(female)

Tee212 HB User
The effects of braces on reimplanted front teeth?

About two years ago, I fell and knocked out my two front teeth. It was a horrible experience, but they were reimplanted and they have been fine ever since (thank goodness). I went to the dentist today for a cleaning and we discussed my open bite. It is horrible....I've had it my entire life. My front gums have the tendency to be inflamed because of my open bite, not to mention the fact that I have all the symptoms of TMJ.

I think I would have to have jaw surgery to correct this, but that also means getting braces. My concern is the effect that the braces would have on my reimplanted teeth. After everything I went through getting them back in (I posted about it in the dental forum years ago), the last thing I want is to lose them due to the braces moving them around.

Anyone have opinions or experiences with this dilemma?

Old 12-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: The effects of braces on reimplanted front teeth?

If those two front teeth look perfectly normal on an x-ray, you should be absolutely fine.
I would not chance it without an x-ray, though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
(male)

Patrick0515 HB User
Re: The effects of braces on reimplanted front teeth?

I had two of my front incisors knocked out when I was 10 years old. I had braces for a year after reimplantation and then again about three years later for another year and a half. 13 years later and these teeth are still going strong

Closed Thread