It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
(male)

radioboyben HB User
molar infected and cracked

I havent been to the dentist for a long time due to a fear

i have had a sore molar for a while where i think i've lost the filling and it has become infected , while just chewing on a soft sweet yesterday half of the side fell away , im not worried about how they would remove it?

i will go to the dentist but im just worried right now!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
(male)

OuchFactor HB User
Re: molar infected and cracked

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioboyben View Post
I havent been to the dentist for a long time due to a fear

i have had a sore molar for a while where i think i've lost the filling and it has become infected , while just chewing on a soft sweet yesterday half of the side fell away , im not worried about how they would remove it?

i will go to the dentist but im just worried right now!
You need to get to a dentist or Oral Surgeon. They will first evaluate the tooth, and then schedule you for an extraction or do it right then and there. But that is your call. Extraction are not painful these days. You will be given plenty of local anesthesia, and if you are very anxious and nervous, ask the doc to prescribe a couple Valium.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User

They may not remove the tooth until the infection is cleared up, but you need to go to the dentist immediately to get some antibiotics.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
(male)

champwithin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuchFactor View Post
You need to get to a dentist or Oral Surgeon. They will first evaluate the tooth, and then schedule you for an extraction or do it right then and there. But that is your call. Extraction are not painful these days. You will be given plenty of local anesthesia, and if you are very anxious and nervous, ask the doc to prescribe a couple Valium.
ouch....

Just read your reply to RadioBoy ...I have same thing....dentists says root canal would be waste of time...tooth must come out.....I am concerned because I won't have the means to have a implant or bridge right away. I know leaving it open will start to cause problems with tooth above and other teeth eventually move over and that will start problems all way around. Any other suggestions ?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
(male)

champwithin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuchFactor View Post
ouch....

Just read your reply to RadioBoy ...I have same thing....dentists says root canal would be waste of time...tooth must come out.....I am concerned because I won't have the means to have a implant or bridge right away. I know leaving it open will start to cause problems with tooth above and other teeth eventually move over and that will start problems all way around. Any other suggestions ?

Closed Thread