It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
(female)

dazzlerbabe HB User
Considering Lower Denture Implant

Hi, I need to have my lower front teeth extracted. I lost the back teeth quite awhile ago. My dentist is suggesting 2 implants on the full lower denture to hold it in place. Of course this is pricey as opposed to just a regular lower denture. I already have a full upper denture that was put in when I was very young. I was able to get 15 yrs. off my lower front teeth with crowns but now medication causing dry mouth is rapidily decaying what I have left.

My question is: My dentist wants to start the denture a/s/a/p and in 2 weeks when it is ready so I will not have to go without any teeth he will then pull my 6 teeth out & immediately put in the rods (implant-2) while my gums are open. I have read somewhere & wanted to know if it is true that you should wait for sometime for your gums to heal before you have the implants put it. Or is it easily for the Dentist to do this when there are open holes from your pulled teeth?

Can I try the regular denture for awhile & then decide IF i want to add implants later? Thanks kindly for any replies!

Old 01-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Considering Lower Denture Implant

These are very good questions.
Many times it is good to insert an implant immediately after extraction but it doesn't have to be, that is for certain. Yes, you could try a lower denture but keep in mind the expense of it, if you don't like it and the fact that lower dentures have far less retention (suction power) so they may feel more uncomfortable than your upper.
I think that your dentist has a good plan in mind for you, and what you are suggesting is a viable alternative in my opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: Considering Lower Denture Implant

Yes, you should be free to do as you please and get a regular denture to start with. Having the posts placed at the time of extraction will not hurt your ability to wear the denture. It would not be set up to interact with the implant posts right away anyway. You would need time for the implants to integrate into the bone. The dentist is probably suggesting the implants to stabilize the lower denture since lowers are harder to adapt to than uppers.

Good luck with the procedure.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
(female)

Nothappyatall HB User
Unhappy Re: Considering Lower Denture Implant

I have Lpr Disease which is bad acid reflux which erodes teeth enamel causing my teeth to chip & break. Consulted a dentist she wants $ 14,000.00 my part to fix my teeth she is totally against dentures. I don't want dentures either but I think it would be cheaper and all my teeth in back are broken and need repair. If any one out there has advise feel free I need advise.

Reply Reply