It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #1
(female)

ronniexo HB User
Lower right incisor throbbing (without pain) after molar fillings?

Hello!

I went to the dentist last Friday and got 3 porcelain fillings done on my bottom right molars. My dentist told me that he had to drill pretty close to the nerve on one of them. After the numbness wore off, I started feeling a weird sensation on my lower right incisor; a throbbing/pulsing sensation without pain that is constant. I feel a slight pressure as well (note that this is NOT the tooth he worked on, I have had absolutely no issues with this tooth before I got my molars filled. No cavities, either). It is now days later and I still feel this sensation. Could fillings affect other teeth? Could he have drilled too close to a nerve that somehow affected my front tooth? I see him again this week, but I really need an answer because this is driving me nuts.

Any advice would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
(female)

ronniexo HB User
Re: Lower right incisor throbbing (without pain) after molar fillings?

... anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
(male)

Greatful2012 HB User

Hi Ronniexo!

It's probably just part of the healing process. The dentist knew he was close to the nerve ending, and that's why he said that to you, but you're probably just getting used to the filling.

When I've had fillings in the past, I've then become sensitive to hot and cold liquids (sometimes foods too). After a few weeks, I got used to it. Do you have any sensations like that?

Did you have a root canal too? I could understand if a root canal went really deep, that might cause some pressure on the teeth before or after it. But just a filling ??? probably not.

When's your next dentist appointment? I think you're just getting used to the new fillings, but let us know what he says.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User

Dental pain can be referred pain, and what feels like one tooth may feell like a different one along that same nerve path. As already said, you've had some trauma done and it could take a little while to feel better. If you have pain, especially after drinking or eating something hot, and the pain lasts for more than a second or two,
you may need a root canal evaluation.

Closed Thread