It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
(female)

robinhelene HB User
Cool Prospect of Dentures needed

Hi folks. Because of gum disease, I will need dentures eventually. I already have a few teeth missing, 2 on the bottom right and two on the top right. Its very infuriating to deal with this. I have eaten the right foods, have brushed and flossed. Because of my budget, and lack of insurance, I could not afford routine visits but was told a long time ago that I had gum disease and have had sinus issues as well. To make a long story short, at times dentures seem wonderful to me, to finally be able to smile and to be able to eat without discomfort. But then I hear about how you lose taste sensation and its not easy dealing with dentures either. Any thoughts?

Old 01-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
(female)

dlachapel HB User
Do you have dental insurance now? Also, they have dental financing if that's an option of you were willing to consider implants. I don't know the coat of dentures, but I imagine it has to be close to the price of 4 implants.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: Prospect of Dentures needed

Dentures should be the last resort. Implants are way more expensive than conventional dentures and they are not the answer to every situation. Your mouth has to be somewhat healthy and have decent bone structure for them to work.

Get yourself evaluated for a treatment plan and if dentures are in that plan- get them sooner rather than later. Dentures are not the end of the world and all of the negatives you hear are not always true. You hear that stuff mostly from people who don't wear dentures. With the right attitude and the right dentist, you can adapt and live a very healthy and happy life with dentures.

Reply Reply