It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
(male)

Dusty0463 HB User
What if I can't find a ride from the Dentist?

Hi all,I had a question, I'm new to the area and haven't made friends in the area yet, and my family is out of town. If I have to get a root canal and wisdom teeth pulled, and I'm put fully under and I can't get a ride home from the dentist, will they let me take a taxi home? I've heard some dentists/oral surgens won't even allow you to take a taxi(which makes no sense to me). If so, what else are my other options? I'm sure I can't be the only person who's had this happen.

I definately don't know people well enough at my new job to ask for a ride. I'd hate to tell the dentist, " I can't have a root canal or get my wisdom teeth pulled out because I'm unable to find a ride from the dentist." I guess another option might be to see if I can hang out in the dentist office after surgery for 4 hours and then drive home or take a taxi home? Anyway, thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance!

Old 02-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: What if I can't find a ride from the Dentist?

I don't know about you but I didn't have general anesthesia for either procedure - just novacaine. I've had one root canal and had 4 wisdom teeth removed and never had more than deadening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
(male)

Dusty0463 HB User

Thanks for the message. Actually they have to put me under because my teeth are extra sensitive and the wisdom teeth are impacted deep under the gum...

Anyway, the more I think about it, since I don't have a ride, I'm sure the dentist will let me just sit in his waiting room for a couple of hours after it's all done and THEN take a taxi home. I'm sure he's not going to say, "well since you don't have a ride from the dentist, I guess we can't do the procedure so you are just going to have to suffer", because again, I'm sure I'm not the only person that's run into this situation....

Old 02-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Am sure they would let you. I'd ask in advance so you'll know.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
(male)

Dusty0463 HB User

Yea, I called my dentist, and they said I could just call and arrange for a medical taxi to take me home. I knew that they had to have some service they work with, as I couldn't be the only person that's ever had that issue come up. ...

Old 02-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

I'd take a taxi home, it might not even have to be a medical taxi. After dental procedures it probably won't be very comfortable hanging around the dentist's office since you can't relax. But it can't hurt to ask a co-worker, the worst they could say is no.

Last edited by taape; 02-15-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Closed Thread