It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
(female)

painfultaay HB User
Exclamation What is going on?!

Okay! My tooth really hurts.. or my gums.. or my mouth.. or something in that area.

About a year ago, my mouth started to really hurt. It was mostly pain on my upper left side. It hurt really bad, I mean, it would keep me up at night crying. After going to the doctor to see about sinus issues, which at the time we thought it was, they said they were not sure, but gave me general antibiotics anyways. I took the cycle, and my mouth felt better. Great!

A few months later, the same feeling happened again.. and it really really hurt. This time, I tried a warm then cold cloth on my cheek to get to that side, and I tried many different pills. Nothing worked again. I went to the doctor, told her I was back again for that same thing. She gave me antibiotics and told me to make an appointment with my dentist. The pain lasted longer this time, even after the cycle was done. But eventually it stopped, and I (and everyone else in the house!) could sleep again.

NOW, it's started again. And it hurts. Really bad. And I am not good with pain. :P

I noticed this time though, there is a hard lump on my upper gum, not right where my tooth is, but further up, almost into the skin of my cheek. I feel like my left side of my neck and cheek are swollen, but that could be my mind just messing with me. My tooth hurts, and my gum hurts, and my hard palate hurts and that bump sort of hurts. My cheek is okay, just irritated from me looking at my teeth over there. It relieves some pain when I bite my teeth together, but immediately after, hurts more. So I have to stop doing that. :P My teeth on that side also feel slightly wiggly, but that again, could just be my mind messing with me.

Most of the time, when it starts hurting, it feels like a dull (but painful!) pain. It's not a shooting or anything, more like an ache and throb. Sometimes it hurts more than others, mostly when I lay down to go to sleep.

I have an appointment set up to see the dentist again in May, and will probably try to set one up for this week if I can. It's painful... did I mention that? :P

Any ideas of what this could be? I doubt it is an infection, because I have taken general antibiotics and it has just kept coming back, unless it just does that...

Anyone else experience this or know what it might be?!

HELPPP!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2013, 04:47 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User
Re: What is going on?!

Why do you go to a doctor if you have a problem which is dental? Doctors have only limited dental knowledge and no dental equipment.
Get to a dentist ASAP!

Reply Reply

Tags
bump, gum, pain, teeth, tooth