It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User
Teeth Shifting After Extractions

How long does it take for your teeth to settle down and your jaw start to feel better after extractions? I still have some stiffness and pain when chewing.. and my upper teeth still feel sensitive in spots. I'm figuring this is all a part of the healing process. It has almost been two weeks since I had them done..in the last month and a half I've lost 3 teeth on the right side..I'm certain it will take a bit for things to settle down. Trying to just give it time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
(female)

babygirl127 HB Userbabygirl127 HB User
Re: Teeth Shifting After Extractions

Hi Laye! Well I had a upper wisdom tooth extracted Jan 2 and still sensitive back there. I went back to see why or if this was normal. I was told by dentist it takes 6 months to heal! Bone has to heal where tooth was removed. I feel sore when chewing tough foods, so I just chew on other side. I was told to wait it out, nothing is wrong. So I am sure you are gong through the same thing. Any questions ask your dentist. I went just to give myself piece of mind that nothing was wrong. Feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User

Thanks for responding...I've kind of figured that. It's just so annoying at times. I really want to eat..but I still can't just eat without some discomfort. And it feels like there is this pressure still. Kind of comes and goes and all of that. I had the oral surgeon look at it and he said it was healing just fine. I flossed the other night and there was some blood but that's because I think I haven't flossed that area in a bit due to it being the area of the extractions. It's like some days are better than others. I think it is just the mouth adjusting. Glad you are feeling better too!!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
(female)

babygirl127 HB Userbabygirl127 HB User

Yes, every day is different, some days I feel it more than others too.

Reply Reply