HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Dental Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/dental-health/)
-   -   just got all teeth out on top (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/dental-health/946568-just-got-all-teeth-out-top.html)

PunjabSis 04-16-2013 09:50 AM

just got all teeth out on top

I just got all teeth out on top (only had 8 left)... once teeth were out denture went in... how long does it take for the bleeding to stop... have no stitches in the gums... just put in the dentures and am bitting down to keep pressure on the gums... have tried to drink something but right now, can't get anything to go down.. it wants to just run out of the mouth.. :( am really going to have to get used to all the plastic in here... when I try to swallow, I want to gag .... from the denture on the roof of the mouth... I used to wear partials but they weren't as big and didn't go back as far as these do.
novicane wearing off now and little soreness on the left side.
I had crowns in front and four regular teeth and a pratial I wore but the whole time I had the crowns with the partials.. my gums stayed swollen... the material in the crowns infected the gums.. so eventually had to have everything out on top.
anyway.. how long before this bleeding stops and .. how long does it take to get used to drinking or eating with the plate in... and do you ever get used to the size and the gagging goes away...

thanks
:)

Marilyna 04-24-2013 01:17 PM

Re: just got all teeth out on top

You got your teeth out the same day I did. I had 29 pulled.

How are you doing now? Did your week go okay?

Mary Annie 04-29-2013 02:10 PM

I'm feeling for you Punjab! I'll be in your shoes in 10 days when I'm having my top 8 teeth extracted and dentures put in too. Keep me posted on how you're doing... Pretty soon it will all be over and we'll have new, beautiful smiles!!!

Marilyna 04-30-2013 08:27 AM

Hope all goes well for you, Mary Annie. The first day is the worst, and after that it's not so bad.

Mary Annie 04-30-2013 09:41 AM

So happy to hear that! Was your speech affected at all? I'll be sooooo glad when it's all over...

Marilyna 04-30-2013 05:35 PM

Mary Anne,

Yes, my speech has been affected. Mostly just a strong lisp with the S'es. Also, the bottom teeth tend to come loose and flop around if I talk a great deal. Fortunately, I am a stay-at-home mom. If I had a job where I had to answer the phone, it would be difficult.

Also, I cannot yet chew food.

Are you getting both upper & lower dentures? It's the lower ones that are keeping me from chewing. The top ones are pretty trouble-free. I also have a hard time keeping the bottom ones in. I hope it will be better after I get new liners next week.

Mary Annie 04-30-2013 05:47 PM

I'm just getting the top done for now. May do the bottoms next year. Not sure if I want implants on the bottom or not. Will see how it goes with the top first. Sounds like a slow process getting used to them and all the changes you are going through. Soon you'll be as good as new! Thanks for keeping me up on your progress.

Marilyna 04-30-2013 07:20 PM

I wish I could have just done the top, but my gum disease was so severe that the bottom teeth were shifting terribly and both my gums and teeth hurt periodically.

You should have a really easy time with the top! My top is a breeze compared to the bottom.

let us know how it goes for you.:)