HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Depression Tips (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/depression-tips/)
-   -   If you are fighting depression - Try this test (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/depression-tips/513700-if-you-fighting-depression-try-test.html)

dizzy45 07-05-2007 01:06 PM

If you are fighting depression - Try this test

Hi Everyone

THIS IS THE TEST

I too am fighting depression, have been for a long time, but a strange thing happened to me at the weekend and now I feel as though I am getting better for the first time. Try the following test:

Think of something that you want to see, feel or hear. It could be a certain colour balloon in the sky, a certain colour feather in your hand or to hear from somebody that you haven't heard of from a long time. Picture that thought in your mind, exactly how that object would look or the person you would like to hear from. You really must believe with all your might that it is happening, that you can see it, feel it or hear it. Think about how you would feel if this thing happened. Hold that thought, feeling and belief for as long as you can. Think about it as much as possible and how happy it would make you feel.

Then see what happens. It could take a couple of hours, a couple of days or a couple of weeks. If something out of the extraordinary happens to you, as it did to me, please let me know.

Dx.

justlilme 07-05-2007 01:32 PM

Re: If you are fighting depression - Try this test

That's awesome for you!

Ok, I'll go and meditate to clear my mind and then try it. I'll let you know how it goes...

dizzy45 07-05-2007 01:35 PM

Good luck my friend

Above all, you must believe and feel it is happening. That is the key.

What happened to me was miraculous!!

Dx

vicky88 07-05-2007 03:58 PM

dizzy45, did you read "The Secret" because it seems that what you did was something out from the book? I have ocd and depression, I've been suffering for 17 months already and the thing with me is it's the ocd that's causing the depression. Do you think that if I do what you did, it will also help me? Please I hope to hear from you. I'm desperate to be cured.

vicky88

freekaingjon 07-05-2007 08:33 PM

hummm... i just been looking around this site for about an hour or so but it seems like im the only male here that's depressed. i put some thought in your test and it seems to work. ill try it out. good luck to everyone out there trying it out

dizzy45 07-05-2007 11:17 PM

vicky88

Try the test. You have nothing to loose but everything to gain. This is the first stage to fighting your ill health. I can't promise a cure, but I can help and guide you. Do exactly as I say in the test. Is something amazing happens to you, as it did to me on 30th June do let me know. Dx.

Dakota_Skye 07-06-2007 05:56 AM

[B]SOE[/B]-where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu????

[B]freekaingjon[/B]--no, you're not the only guy around here who's depressed. don't worry about it...perhaps at that moment there werent any on the board...but just wait a bit and you'll see.

[B]dizzy[/B]--i've had major depression with anxiety since i was around my 20's (at least that's when i was diagnosed). i'm going to be 37 in three months. i've tried medications, meditation, yoga, therapy, incence and lighting candles, bubble baths, protein drinks, hydrating my body by drinking water all the time, total body relaxation (you know, starting at your feet and going up...), buddhism; went back to my own faith and prayed (still do), and even imagery, as you have had that day. these have all had their benefits--no doubt, however, the effects did not last long, and when a depressive episode would "hit," all those wonderful, miraculous effects would disappear as well, and i was left in total "darkness."

is there something special about the place, or about the "image" that is very different for you? maybe if you explained this in a bit more detail, it would be of more help, to us, depressives?! such as, did you just watch a show before? did you have a nice (i'm not saying alcoholic, it could be a coke) drink before that? did you just make love? did you go for a nice walk/run/etc.? did you take a pill for some other ailment--such as pain?

i'd love to have s.thing miraculous happen to me, believe me. and i have wished it with all my heart and soul... but other than popping s.thing that's not legal and feeling so wondrous, i really do not know what else i could do to lift this veil of hell and darkness.

thanks in advance for your response.

Seymour93 07-06-2007 07:08 AM

Thanks....I will give this some thought.

Seymour93 07-06-2007 07:16 AM

[QUOTE=freekaingjon;3082560]hummm... i just been looking around this site for about an hour or so but it seems like im the only male here that's depressed. i put some thought in your test and it seems to work. ill try it out. good luck to everyone out there trying it out[/QUOTE]

We are here.....just limited in what we can do!

Good luck.

dizzy45 07-06-2007 09:05 AM

Dakota

No I didn't have a drink or watch a show or do anything out of the extraordinary. I just chose an image at random. In fact I was on my way to work, on the train, thinking as we all do. The image I chose was a simple black feather. I had a clear image of it in my mind and imagined I was touching and feeling it, believing it was there in my hands. I walked to work looking everywhere for this feather. Did I see one - no. I told no-one about this thought and image that I had. As soon as I walked into my office I forgot all about it. A couple of days later I pulled my car up at the front of my house, and walked to my front door. For no particular reason, I looked down. There at the foot of my door was this black feather, just as I had imagined it. Not a small dinky little feather either, it is about 10 inches long. I've lived here 20 years and that hasn't happened before, not right outside my front doorstep. Even weirder is that there is a ledge above the door so how could something drop from the sky and divert onto my doorstep. I also have a vast garden at the back. I looked all around to see if loads of feathers had fallen that day. I found none. Since that day, June 30th I haven't seen one feather on the ground anywhere. People may say it's just a coincidence but I believe otherwise, it was delivered to me by the power of my thought. The feather now takes pride of place on the wall in my kitchen. I will always keep it. I might even get it framed.

The point of this excercise is that through the power of thought, believing and feeling you can get anything that you want. It will be delivered to you. If you think good thoughts then good things will be delivered.

The reason you are constantly depressed is you are thinking negative thoughts. If you think negative thoughts all the time, then negative things will be delivered to you. Try changing your thoughts to positive ones. Think about the simple things that make you happy like the smile on a childs face or some nice food. You must constantly be aware of thinking positively if you want to beat this depression.

Imagine you have Aladdins lamp. Make a wish. Think about that wish. But more importantly you have to imagine that it is already happening and how this would make you feel.

After the feather was delivered I, like most people started thinking about something bigger and better - a car. A nice black sports car. I imagined sitting in it and driving it.
I've only today just come back from a station in London. The last time I stepped on the concourse there was about 6 years ago.Guess what was there on the concourse? A brand new black sports car (Audi). There was a competiton going on to win this car. Of course I entered it. I wasn't as excited about seeing the car as I was with the feather because somehow in my mind I knew that the car was going to show up eventually. It would be even more amazing if I won the car, but just seeing it there proved to me that my belief in the car had it delivered to me again.

Remember these four things: think, believe, feel and only have positive thoughts. Your life will begin to change as it has mine.

Would be glad to hear anyone elses experiences out therex
The test is the first message posted here on 5th July at 3:06

dizzy45 07-06-2007 09:25 AM

oh yes and I forgot to say that the reason for my depression is mainly due to my relationship with my Dad. I won't go into the full story but I haven't seen him for years but I have thought about him almost every day. He is 82 years of age now. I came home from work last Wednesday and was going through my messages on my phone. There was a message on there from my Dad, saying he wants to see me and bury the past. The law has started to work on my subconscious thoughts!!

jim123456 07-06-2007 11:57 AM

As a child my mum lost me

a ballon
in the sky
let me look
always like looking
let me see
always like seeing
let me try
always like to try
I listen
always listen
colored thing
always like things
I need it
going to like catching it
mmm new places
always like places
where's mum
always like mum
balloons here
not liking here
wheres mum
worried bite my thumb
mum where was you
you LOSTED me mum
lots of questions
not know rules mum
lots of words
not know words mum
stop pulling me
see my balloon mum
liked to catch it
catchin rules
like the color
color rules
making noises
vooooom rules
like to squeeze it
bursting rules
stretching it
sore lug rules
sick of it
learnt the rules

obsession and rules - the obsession is more important

dizzy45 07-06-2007 01:04 PM

jim123456

Dear friend

Did you write this cause you read my test? Either way, the baloon has been delivered. What colour is this baloon you r thinking of? When I thought of my baloon it had to be a particular colour and it's funny how you say here that colour rules. I have been looking up to the sky the last couple of days, looking out for it.

Everyone who is reading this, like I said before in my previous messages, the thing can appear not necessarily as a material thing, but as a phone call or even in this magnificent world of technology, by an email (I never even thought of that).

The law works in mysterious ways.x

Just think, if I hadn't received the feather, I wouldn't have come on this website to spread the word, and I wouldn't have got you all .....thinking - which is the key my friends.

If you want to try the test yourself, see my first entry posted here only yesterday on 5 July (scroll to bottom of this page).

SOE 07-06-2007 05:51 PM

[QUOTE=Dakota_Skye;3082947][B]SOE[/B]-where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu????[/QUOTE]

:wave:

It's hard for me to respond to posts that claim to have the cure for depression.

Like you, I have been fighting depression most of my life. I had to give up on ADs 3 years ago -- but that's another story (and no, they didn't work for me). I can't tell you how tempted I am at times to just give up and go back on them, just to not "feel" anymore, but I know that's not a real answer for me.

I wish there was a cure. There are things that help, but can we truly be rid of it forever?

If it were as simple as a hot water bottle, or mind over matter, would we all be posting on a depression board?

Dakota_Skye 07-06-2007 07:17 PM

[QUOTE=sickofeffexor;3084349]:wave:

If it were as simple as a hot water bottle, or mind over matter, would we all be posting on a depression board?[/QUOTE]

SOE--that's what i was basically getting at! :wave: