It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Tips Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

Arggg HB UserArggg HB UserArggg HB User
My practical approach to depression

I've battled severe depression for decades. I've come to realize that it's a physical response, not necessarily an emotional one, although there's often an emotional trigger. I take a very pragmatic approach to dealing with nasty depressive episodes. This is what I take/do/don't:

1. I get plenty of sleep
2. I use fish oil - Barlean's is the best brand I've tried, and works quickly, like a drug, to ease anxiety
3. I take Body Balance, from Life Force International. (No, I do NOT sell it.) It acts as a powerful anti-depressant. It's made up mostly of sea vegetables - it's all organic. No drugs. It's a liquid and acts quickly and tastes good.
4. I take meds once a day.
5. I avoid alcohol, usually.
6. I avoid chocolate like the plague. Methylxanthines in chocolate can cause mood disruptions in a lot of people, including me. Not everybody feels like they're "in love".
7. I try to avoid violent, negative TV shows. This is the hardest to do.
8. I take Vitamin D supplements, because Vit. D deficiency makes my depression worse.
9. I try to exercise. This is difficult, because sometimes it makes me more depressed afterwards. I'm taking it slowly.

Whoever suggested inositol, thank you, because I'm going to see if it's safe for me to take that!

BTW, I have kidney disease, and all of the above are safe for me.

Closed Thread