It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Tips Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
(female)

mortidiam HB User
Unhappy First timer

Hi, as a first time user of this kind of service i was a little apprehensive. I have all of my life been the one everyone else turns to, to help sort problems, give advice and basically be there for whomever needs it....NOW, i find me, stuck in this awful situation with no idea how to deal with it. I discovered by accident that i am apparently suffering from depression and i am gobsmacked, not anything to do with stigma or anything like that, but to do with the fact it's me who is the fixer and i'm totally dissapointed in myself that i am the one needing fixed. I have a great doctor and several other medical problems mainly due to hormone issues. I have been on HRT for 7 years and was convinced the way i felt was due to that but no, the doctor did tests and tells me i'm depressed, which if i'm honest i knew i was. My problem now is...........how do I deal with this. If i had my own way right now i would disappear until i felt better as i don't want to be around anyone and i don't want to talk to anyone i just want to be left alone and get better in the way i normally do when i feel low, but this time i cannot get out of it and my doctors says it's depression. Not sure what else to say!

The following user gives a hug of support to mortidiam:
safe place (04-26-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to mortidiam For This Useful Post:
safe place (04-26-2011)
Closed Thread