It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Tips Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

IamAandD HB UserIamAandD HB UserIamAandD HB UserIamAandD HB User
My Depression & Anxiety Tips

Coping with Anxiety and Depression is not easy. However, I have studied myself, and have tried different things to help me feel better. Maybe this can help someone else.

My Depression and Anxiety Tips

• Reduce Caffeine (No more than one cup of coffee) (No more than one soda)
(Notes) I recommend drinking plenty water. Right now, I do not drink any soda, but I drink coffee, I limit myself to one cup. I noticed yesterday, I did not consume any caffeine and I felt great. It is going to be hard to quit drinking coffee but if I can stop drinking coffee everyday, I think it will make a difference.

• Exercise regularly (Vigorously) 3 to 4 times a week).
(Notes) The harder I workout the better I feel. It takes time to feel the difference. I noticed that when I first started working out, I felt better after a workout but I continued to feel depressed and anxious later own that same day. I have learned that the stronger my body gets the less my depressed symptoms and anxiety symptoms occur. Furthermore, I learned that when my depressed symptoms and anxiety symptoms occur the duration is much less. I am 26 days into my vigorous workout routines, and I felt great today too. However, I had some depressed symptoms, which lasted a short period.

• Reduce fast food ( Eat it once in awhile)
• Eat fruit like, bananas ( its good for your brain)

(Notes) Yesterday, although I felt great my mom bought Chinese food and I happen to eat half of it, and for a brief period while I was eating, I felt depression symptoms but it lasted a few seconds. My point is the food we eat can contribute to the way we feel. Changing your eating habits will help as well as taking daily vitamins.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IamAandD For This Useful Post:
audioengineer (11-03-2011), canadiangirl38 (03-25-2012), cassy1 (09-17-2011), daydreamer08 (10-03-2011), haleyyface (05-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread