It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2003, 06:50 AM   #1

NaeNae HB User
I'm feeling better OFF antidepressants!

Has this ever happened to anyone? I was on Celexa/Lexapro for several years. I went on Effexor at the beginning of the year. After a few months it felt it wasn't working and I was up 30 pounds. So, we tried Prozac and that made me so sick. I told my PDoc I just wanted off AD's for a while just to see what I'm like off them. He told me to quit Prozac cold turkey since I had only been on them a month and was on 20mg. The first week was ok, just some dizziness. Well, the beginning of this week was horrible! Nausea, extreme lows. By 2 days ago, however, it all went away. The past few days I've felt great. I feel happier. Even the weather isn't bringing me down (which usually does). I feel more even-keeled. My problem was always purely hormonal (I don't have any kind of post tramatic stress or anything). I felt I was always snappy, at times weepy and just unable to get a hold on life. I feel like getting out more now and not sweating the small stuff. I'm hoping this is not just a honeymoon phase or anything. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2003, 01:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Jennita HB User
Perhaps your hormones have settled down. They do change over time. I think it would have been better not to medicate such a natural thing, but at least you seem ok despite it. Congratulations on being happy and drug-free!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2003, 04:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kaitrin HB User
Well, I don't know if I feel better, exactly, but I don't feel worse. I tried 5 different anti-depressants over a period of 2 1/2 years and none of them helped me. Now I am not taking anything (I gave up on the last med a month ago) and I don't feel any more depressed. I guess if anything I do feel a bit better because the side effects are going away. I don't know if I should have tried more kinds - I know there's lots more out there - but for now I just don't want to go through "the search for the right pill" anymore.

Old 11-14-2003, 05:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Janik HB User
Getting rid of side effects is already a good reason to improve your mood. I was very happy to notice the "brain fog" lifting after I tapered off my meds. I was also more caring and involved with friends and family. The drugs had made me emotionally bland.

Old 11-14-2003, 07:43 PM   #5
(male)

Iss HB User
I actually was taking paxil cr and i didn't take it for a few days... and i actually felt great!! Wierd, but makes me think if i want to keep taking it or not~

Old 11-17-2003, 11:21 AM   #6

NaeNae HB User
Isn't that funny how we work like that. Kaitrin, I know exactly what you mean. You wonder if the search is worth it. It's a long road to help find something that works.

Well, I had a few bad days. I guess I can say I don't feel any more or any less depressed. However, with the side effects disapating, it's better. I just can't deal with the nausea.

I wish everyone luck as well.

Closed Thread