It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2003, 12:12 PM   #1
Hi_its_Joe

I'm off Celexa again (bad experience last night)

Hello

Well, I'm off the Celexa again. I was doing ok the day before yesterday and yesterday morning but then I took another pill yesterday evening and it really upset my stomach. Then, later on, I was sitting in the chair in the living room and it felt like my entire body was floating up to the ceiling which scared the heck out of me. My head, eyes, mind, etc felt incredibly weird and surrealistic and I had several horrible panic attacks in which I just KNEW I had cancer and was going to be pumped full of formalahyde and my skin was going to turn pale as it was being pumped into me. I KNEW I was going to die and the most horrible, lonely, sinking, helpless feeling came over me. Someone could have given me a million dollars right then and I would'nt have even cared because I was in a total stupor. I later went to bed and had more panic attacks along with this sensation that my entire body was rolling around in the bed (like a rotissere). This morning, I woke up drugged and completely out of it. I said good morning to my room mate, took my morning walk and then came and and went right to bed. About an hour later, I awoke, had a few cups of coffee and took care of some chores so I'm feeling a little better but still not anywhere near 100%.

Old 12-17-2003, 12:23 PM   #2
Inactive

thickman HB User
Re: I'm off Celexa again (bad experience last night)

Oh my. Gotta let your doctor know whats the deal!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2003, 12:25 PM   #3
Hi_its_Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thickman
Oh my. Gotta let your doctor know whats the deal!
Hi thickman

Thank's for replying. Yes, that is a good idea (to let my doc know about this experience I had). I meant to ask though, can Celexa (or other SSRI's) make you feel weird in the head, like your brain is in a stupor or just generally "surreal"?.

Last edited by Hi_its_Joe; 12-17-2003 at 12:26 PM.

Old 12-17-2003, 01:05 PM   #4
Inactive

thickman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi_its_Joe
Hi thickman

Thank's for replying. Yes, that is a good idea (to let my doc know about this experience I had). I meant to ask though, can Celexa (or other SSRI's) make you feel weird in the head, like your brain is in a stupor or just generally "surreal"?.
The FIRST SEVERAL DAYS I took it... I felt like I was drunk or stoned or something.... After a while, my system got used to it, and the side effects like drowziness and dry mouth kicked in.

Been on it steady for 3 years, it seems to work for me!

Keep the doc informed for sure...

Old 12-17-2003, 03:08 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

Oh my sounds like a bad trip..Altho I'v been on celexa for about two years and, naver felt that, mind you i also take rivotril..You're doing lots of anxiety..I feel your pain..

Old 12-17-2003, 10:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

Anyone can have an adverse reaction to any of the AD's. I had terrible reactions to several of the new ones & now I'm back on an old tricyclic which is working except for the dry mouth which is tolerable but very annoying at times & I have very little taste when I eat, so good way to lose weight, you have no desire to eat.

Old 12-18-2003, 11:35 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Jennita HB User

Hi Joe! Well, it's certainly possible that SSRi's could cause such feelings. Other drugs that share effects on serotonin like the SSRi's are LSD and extacy....in fact, I saw a documentary on the LSD experiments of the 1960's in which it was discovered that it had a desirable side effect of mood-lifting, or making people feel "happy". So yeah, sounds like you were on a trip. This isn't usually what happens at the low theraputic doses of these drugs, however. Maybe you had too high a dosage or a sensitive reaction. At any rate the drugs are very bad for the nervous system not to mention other things...

Closed Thread