It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2004, 04:19 PM   #1

kim20001 HB User
Question wellbutrin and celexa together

can anyone tell me if they tried celexa and wellbutrin xl together and had side effects with them. Like getting mad easy or headaches? My doctor put me on wellbutrin for energy and to help loose some weight gain from celexa but i am trying to stick with the side effects the doctor said the side effects should go away within a couple of weeks any info would help and any info on weightloss tricks thanks

Old 02-02-2004, 05:13 PM   #2

dagmarharris HB User
Wink Re: wellbutrin and celexa together

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim20001
can anyone tell me if they tried celexa and wellbutrin xl together and had side effects with them. Like getting mad easy or headaches? My doctor put me on wellbutrin for energy and to help loose some weight gain from celexa but i am trying to stick with the side effects the doctor said the side effects should go away within a couple of weeks any info would help and any info on weightloss tricks thanks
Hi How long have you been on Celexa and what dose? I just upped to 40mg, after being on Celexa for two years. I only take Celexa by itself. I have gained weight but only about 8 lb. and some of it could be just my age. 48...
I try best to eat well, and also exercise at the gym. I never lose the weight but I maintain and do go down 2 pounds when I am not on my period.
I think working out tones me...and the weight gain, though annoying, is so worth the benefits of the Celexa.
Have you gotten benefits from the drug in general?
I think all AD's cause weight gain. I have a friend on Paxil and I think she has gained on this one, as well. Paxil is known for weight gain.
Also try drinking water and eating fruits when you want to snack. I just had a pear.
~dagmar
p.s. hope to hear back from you. Were you already alittle overweight before starting Celexa? I can imagine, if so, this would be frustrating to get additional weight gain.

Last edited by dagmarharris; 02-02-2004 at 05:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2004, 10:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Re: wellbutrin and celexa together

Quote:
You don't say how long you've been on them.

Welbutrin can cause anger. The Celexa should offset it. Give them a couple weeks. If it's already been a few weeks and you still feel like this, maybe you shoudl reduce the Welbutrin dosage.

One of my friends was on this combination for years and it worked great for him.

Old 02-07-2004, 04:14 PM   #4

kim20001 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbow
You don't say how long you've been on them.

Welbutrin can cause anger. The Celexa should offset it. Give them a couple weeks. If it's already been a few weeks and you still feel like this, maybe you shoudl reduce the Welbutrin dosage.

One of my friends was on this combination for years and it worked great for him.
I have been on celexa for about 5 years i wanted to try the wellbutrin xl with the celexa for weight gain to see if i could loose some weight and for more energy i feel so tired all the time and no intrest in sex either.

Old 02-07-2004, 04:17 PM   #5

kim20001 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmarharris
Hi How long have you been on Celexa and what dose? I just upped to 40mg, after being on Celexa for two years. I only take Celexa by itself. I have gained weight but only about 8 lb. and some of it could be just my age. 48...
I try best to eat well, and also exercise at the gym. I never lose the weight but I maintain and do go down 2 pounds when I am not on my period.
I think working out tones me...and the weight gain, though annoying, is so worth the benefits of the Celexa.
Have you gotten benefits from the drug in general?
I think all AD's cause weight gain. I have a friend on Paxil and I think she has gained on this one, as well. Paxil is known for weight gain.
Also try drinking water and eating fruits when you want to snack. I just had a pear.
~dagmar
p.s. hope to hear back from you. Were you already alittle overweight before starting Celexa? I can imagine, if so, this would be frustrating to get additional weight gain.
I have been on 40 mg. of celexa for about 5 years i think i gained all my weight from zoloft and effexor ive stayed pretty steady on the celexa but i am so tired all the time so i wanted to try the wellbutrin for more energy and maybe weightloss. but it makes me so angery and headaches. thanks

Old 02-08-2004, 04:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

Quote:

I have been on celexa for about 5 years i wanted to try the wellbutrin xl with the celexa for weight gain to see if i could loose some weight and for more energy i feel so tired all the time and no intrest in sex either.
Welbutrin will definitely give you more energy. That could help you lose weight. It does have side effects like sweating and shakeyness that should go away in 2-3 weeks.

I can't really speeak to the sex drive issue, though; my sex drive was really low even with no meds at all. Lexapro wiped it out completely. With Welbutrin in addition to Lexapro, sex at least crosses my mind now and then. On Lexapro alone, sex was so removed from my metality, I didn't even get dirty jokes half the time. Seriously.

Closed Thread