It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2004, 12:18 PM   #1

Tanki HB User
Arrow Sufferer of clinical depression

I suffer from depression and have since I was diagnosed with it at 16, i'm sure though that I have had it earlier then that.

I am in therapy for that along with anxiety/panic disorder and reminats of PTSD. I have been seeing my psychiatrist for 7 yrs now.. I was on Zoloft for 7 years, ended that at the end of 2003 because after 7 yrs it just stopped working. I was then put on Celexa and it just made me feel like crap, more paincky and anxious as well as more depressed...I was taken off that after being on that a couple months. I cleaned out my system drug free for 3 days, and then I crashed so my shrink put me on Remeron, and it has done wonders for me.

I've been on this board for awhile but I haven't been on it because I forgot my password anyway just saying hello.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2004, 10:16 PM   #2

MissEnlightened HB User
Re: Sufferer of clinical depression

I've been to therapists since I was 15. Now I'm 19 and a senior in the final months of highschool. I am depressed too and I take Lexapro. I got some other meds off the internet though and I was wondering if I should take them all together.....I don't like being this way. Depression is its worse when you cannot feel pain or love.....I would rather be sobing in tears and feel pain then to feel NOTHING at all. I feel like I could just inject this nothing air into a nothing vein and feel nothing pain and die from a nothing heart. But then sometimes I feel just fine......and like I don't know why but I hate it when people come too close to me...or want to hug me or pat me....like I get the butterflies in the stomach feeling. And I think I met aliens on my summer break....or it was one wicked dream. It felt so real! They had much to tell me.....but I haven't really incorporated anything it asked me to think about and apply it to my life yet. But I have time...maybe...

I would really like it if people reply because most of the time when I make threads, I get 0 replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2004, 06:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissEnlightened
I am depressed too and I take Lexapro. I got some other meds off the internet though and I was wondering if I should take them all together.....
MissEnlightened - no, no, NO! You really don't want to combine medications on your own! Combining the wrong ones (like 2 SSRI's) together can have serious, even fatal, results. PLEASE don't try it!

Hey Tanki! Glad you figured out your password. Seven years is about how long Zoloft worked for me, too...

Old 03-22-2004, 10:31 AM   #4

Tanki HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by index.html
MissEnlightened - no, no, NO! You really don't want to combine medications on your own! Combining the wrong ones (like 2 SSRI's) together can have serious, even fatal, results. PLEASE don't try it
Do not combine your meds missenlightened it can do more harm then good. Never mix meds unless your doctor gives the ok it is very Dangerous. Also never buy meds from online... Only a doctor can perscribe anti depressants and so forth, never EVER buy them over the internet you do not know what they can do to you. If you just got on your pills then just give it time to kick in, and continue your therapy.

WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT MIX UP THOSE MEDS.

Your health could be at serious risk.

Old 03-23-2004, 11:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

billy7772 HB User

the answer for me was cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt). I was on meds for many years before I found cbt and it cured me and got me off meds in a remarkably short period of time. Best of all once you learn the tools in cbt you have them forever so you are able to give yourself relief almost instantly whenever you are feeling stressed, anxious or down. It's all about using the tools to learn to think more clearly and accurately about things and once you do your anxiety, panic and depression will miraculously begin to lift before your eyes. My favorite starter book on cbt is "been there, done that? Do this! By sam obitz. Like anything in life the more you put in the more you get out of cbt.

billy

Old 03-24-2004, 08:55 AM   #6

Tanki HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy7772
the answer for me was cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt). I was on meds for many years before I found cbt and it cured me and got me off meds in a remarkably short period of time. Best of all once you learn the tools in cbt you have them forever so you are able to give yourself relief almost instantly whenever you are feeling stressed, anxious or down. It's all about using the tools to learn to think more clearly and accurately about things and once you do your anxiety, panic and depression will miraculously begin to lift before your eyes. My favorite starter book on cbt is "been there, done that? Do this! By sam obitz. Like anything in life the more you put in the more you get out of cbt.

billy

Hi Billy I have used CBT and still use it if needs be. I need to be on medication for my depression if not anything else. I tried to be med free and I crashed miserably...

For anxiety and panic it no longer controls me at all. I rarely get panic attacks and anything to do with anxiety i talk myself out of it.

Anticipatory anxiety is the worse, but then again I just talk my way through it no matter how crappy I feel for a job interview ect I just go and do it and it's gone.

Old 03-26-2004, 08:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

billy7772 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanki
Hi Billy I have used CBT and still use it if needs be. I need to be on medication for my depression if not anything else. I tried to be med free and I crashed miserably...

For anxiety and panic it no longer controls me at all. I rarely get panic attacks and anything to do with anxiety i talk myself out of it.

Anticipatory anxiety is the worse, but then again I just talk my way through it no matter how crappy I feel for a job interview ect I just go and do it and it's gone.
Hi Tanki-
Good to hear from you I'm glad you have found something that works for you and also glad CBT has been helpful to you in a pinch. Anticipatory anxiety is always worse than reallity but it can be a real *&%$ That was one of my biggest problems and using the TEA form has been a Godsend for me in dealing with it.
Take care

Billy

Old 03-27-2004, 10:00 AM   #8

Tanki HB User

Anticipatory is definatly the worse for me in the case of anxiety, sometimes I find it worse then actual panic attacks.

I just talk my way out of them not with postive talk and it helps me out a great deal.

Old 03-28-2004, 11:21 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

billy7772 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanki
Anticipatory is definatly the worse for me in the case of anxiety, sometimes I find it worse then actual panic attacks.

I just talk my way out of them not with postive talk and it helps me out a great deal.
I never compared the two, but definitely know what you mean

Billy

Closed Thread