It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2004, 10:07 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 67
MJacobson HB User
Depression and dizziness/lightheadedness

So I went to see my neurologist on Friday regarding constant dizziness/lightheadedness and one if the steps he wants me to take is the following. He's thinking that I go through depression and he wants me to see a phychiatrist and he talked about me possibly taking some zoloft. I'm confused here. I'm wondering what does depression have to do with dizziness/light headedness and how can it be responsible. Also, what good will taking zoloft or seeing a phychiatrist do to help me with my dizziness/lightheadedness?

Last edited by MJacobson; 03-21-2004 at 10:11 PM. Reason: changes to my title

 
Old 03-22-2004, 12:04 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 156
possum HB User
Re: Depression and dizziness/lightheadedness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJacobson
I'm wondering what does depression have to do with dizziness/light headedness and how can it be responsible.
I get the same thing, and the doctor says it's most likely depression.

I've had all the tests done, blood, urine, x-rays, ecg, etc. and they all come up with nothing.

I'm currently trying my third anti-depressant, and hoping this one cures me (as it's making me fairly sick at the moment)

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 03-23-2004, 07:07 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14
minomat HB User
Re: Depression and dizziness/lightheadedness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJacobson
So I went to see my neurologist on Friday regarding constant dizziness/lightheadedness and one if the steps he wants me to take is the following. He's thinking that I go through depression and he wants me to see a phychiatrist and he talked about me possibly taking some zoloft. I'm confused here. I'm wondering what does depression have to do with dizziness/light headedness and how can it be responsible. Also, what good will taking zoloft or seeing a phychiatrist do to help me with my dizziness/lightheadedness?
i was just wondering if your dizziness/lightheadness is kinda like the heavy head feeling, like your off balance....ive been feelin depressed and just feel off balance and lathargic

 
Old 03-23-2004, 07:36 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 67
MJacobson HB User
Re: Depression and dizziness/lightheadedness

Quote:
Originally Posted by minomat
i was just wondering if your dizziness/lightheadness is kinda like the heavy head feeling, like your off balance....ive been feelin depressed and just feel off balance and lathargic
I guess the way to describe it is that I have this dizziness/light headed type feeling 24/7. I don't have everything around me spinning, yet. The best way to describe my feeling is that it feels like I'm about to feel dizzy. Its this feeling I get in the back of my head like something is pushing me, like a huge weight is attached to my head, kind of shakey or this pressure pushing down on me. Sometimes I also feel this somewhat rocking type feeling. I feel this dizziness/lightheadedess all the time and it seems to be the worse when I put my head down. For the most part I feel more relief when sitting or laying down. However, I still feel this shaking rocking type feeling when I first sit or lay down. It stops after a while, although I can still feel it sometimes when making movements. When sitting down anywhere I still feel it when looking down.

 
Old 03-24-2004, 08:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,199
Crossbow HB User
Re: Depression and dizziness/lightheadedness

As your doctor should know, there are MANY things that can cause these symptoms. Meneirs DIsease, inner ear problems, withdrawal, ear infectins, electrolyte imbalances, and low blood pressure, to name a few. Has he tested you for all these things?
__________________
Choose the devil you don't know.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
HELP-Lightheadedness/dizziness with herniated c-disc mbbasketball Hernia 3 11-07-2008 07:17 PM
dizziness : main symptom dizzygrl TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint 10 12-11-2007 07:22 PM
depression dizziness comeandrelax Depression 6 03-02-2006 01:45 AM
Can dizziness be caused by allergies? KellyDL Allergies 17 08-25-2005 02:23 PM
Dizziness/Lightheadedness Anyone?? Amica Back Problems 4 04-11-2005 08:02 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



flamesabers (79), Phoenix (43), keenobserver (20), katlin09 (13), Diverdan8 (11), WhistleDixie (10), cuddles1 (9), neveragain444 (9), rosequartz (9), blessed824 (9)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1013), Apollo123 (909), Titchou (856), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (763), ladybud (755), midwest1 (670), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:22 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.com™ All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!