It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2004, 01:55 PM   #1

prettyboi22 HB User
Question paxil cr no weight gain???

Hello

I have been having trouble looosing weight on paxil so my doctor now put me on paxil cr which is suppose to not have weight gain as a side effect is this true everyone??? also my doctor said that if it doesnt work clexica is another choice and that prozac is out of the question because it would not get rid of my anxeity.

Old 03-23-2004, 01:03 PM   #2

arborly HB User
Re: paxil cr no weight gain???

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyboi22
Hello

I have been having trouble looosing weight on paxil so my doctor now put me on paxil cr which is suppose to not have weight gain as a side effect is this true everyone??? also my doctor said that if it doesnt work clexica is another choice and that prozac is out of the question because it would not get rid of my anxeity.
I am having no weight gain, in fact I have lost 3-4 pounds on PaxilCR - at one day short of two weeks on it.

I've seen so few in agreement with this at any of the depression boards, but I am the third client my therapist has that is either not gaining or is losing weight. My appetite is quite decreased and I have no food cravings whatsoever.

I have not tried Celexa, but its "new" Lexapro version (reworked Celexa) - I have & had bad, bad stomach cramps in middle of night. A psychiatrist has told me this is not uncommon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2004, 03:37 PM   #3

prettyboi22 HB User
Lightbulb Re: paxil cr no weight gain???

Oh Wow Thats Cool Well I Hope There Is Some Truth To Paxil Cr In The Fact That It Should Not Cause Weight Gain Or Other Side Effects Common To Paxil Since It Is New And Improved Oh Yeah I Didnt Know Celcixia Is Actually Lexapro!! Well Canada Is Slowwww And We Dont Have Lexapro Here Yet Only Celexia And She Said If I Wanted To I Could Give It A Try Told Me It Was Very Good For My Condition While Prozac And Zoloft She Says Probably Wont Be Much Help To Me. Anyways Anyone Else Move From Paxil To Paxil Cr? Furthermore Who Here Has Been On Celexia?

Old 05-25-2004, 09:06 PM   #4

sourgirl29 HB User

Celexa will not alleviate anxiety. I suffer from the full spectrum of anxiety disorders, and Celexa made me "Manic" for the first time in my life and only made my anxiety far worse than I've ever known. It was also hard to get off of.

Old 05-27-2004, 06:15 PM   #5

hairdur HB User

I have been on paxil cr for about 4 years. Most anti depressants like this will initially let you lose weight. But in about 6 months time you might notice the weight gained back... and then some. However, I love paxil and though the extra weight sucks ( yes I have gained on this med) I woudlnt' give it up because it works the best of all meds that I have ever tried!

Closed Thread