It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2004, 02:00 PM   #1

Bryan22 HB User
ssri-one side body weakness?

Anybody ever experience a mild weakness on one side of the body when they take their meds? Am I the only one?

Old 03-27-2004, 02:25 PM   #2
(female)

~Kris~ HB User
Re: ssri-one side body weakness?

I've experienced one-sided weakness and numbness and tingling on one side. It didn't happen until I was on the med for 3-4 yrs, so it took me a while to realize the med was to blame. It eased up after I quit the med.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2004, 11:47 PM   #3

microwaveable HB User

I am taking Prozac and am having the same problem. I was a little worried when I saw an article on the internet that about an increased number of strokes among people who take SSRI's. I quit taking them two days ago. I plan to go to my doctor and ask for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan22
Anybody ever experience a mild weakness on one side of the body when they take their meds? Am I the only one?

Old 03-28-2004, 10:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
Talking Re: ssri-one side body weakness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by microwaveable
I am taking Prozac and am having the same problem. I was a little worried when I saw an article on the internet that about an increased number of strokes among people who take SSRI's. I quit taking them two days ago. I plan to go to my doctor and ask for something else.
i hope you tapered off, and didn't just quit -- ask your doctor how to taper off it ... one should never "just quit" most ADs, esp. the SSRIs ...

jb

Last edited by jinglebts; 03-28-2004 at 10:13 AM.

Old 03-28-2004, 09:14 PM   #5

microwaveable HB User

Thanks for your concern, but, Yes, I "just quit", I think some people have more problems than others quitting AD's, about 2 years ago I quit Zoloft cold turkey, never a problem. Also haven't had a problem since I quit Prozac cold turkey. If one has a choice, percieved or not, of having a stroke or quitting a medication I think, atleast I hope, they ultimately choose what they feel is the best option for themselves, which I did. Because in the end, your health is your own responsibility don't ya think?
As for asking your doctor, my doctor is useless, I may as well have my own prescription pad. It would be safer. I could give many examples of this, but just take my word for it.

Closed Thread