It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2004, 12:09 PM   #1

rered HB User
I suck

I want to have a great future and keep going to school and do my A-levels (thingies that you do before University) but I can't force myself to work on my GCSE's (exam's to get to doing A-levels).

I'm such a loser, I just can't make myself do any work. I'll start it and think about it and have ideas but I can't do it.

*smacks head*

I'f I don't get my work done by the end of this week I'll probably fail my GCSE's, but I still can't force myself to do it. I already know that I'm going to fail because I'm too lazy. I'm such a ********.

Old 03-28-2004, 02:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: I suck

how old are you?
I suppose an antidepressant med could be tried, or would you be happier leaving school and getting a job

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2004, 02:04 PM   #3

rered HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hry33
how old are you?
I suppose an antidepressant med could be tried, or would you be happier leaving school and getting a job
i already am taking ad's.

i don't want to leave school, but I don't deserve to go to school because I'm too lazy :P

Old 03-28-2004, 02:07 PM   #4

rered HB User

besides the fact that I can't get a job withou a GCSE

Old 03-28-2004, 04:05 PM   #5

Splink HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rered
i already am taking ad's.

i don't want to leave school, but I don't deserve to go to school because I'm too lazy :P
Do you think that maybe you are afraid you won't do well and pass school? Maybe you don't like school and should just get a job for a while and figure out what the problem you have with school is? Just a couple of thoughts, I am surely no expert. What feelings come up when you think about school and all it entails, maybe that will give you a clue as to why you think you are too lazy to deserve it. School is definately hard work, but anything worth having is work, nothing much comes easily or free!!!!! Good luck!

Old 03-28-2004, 10:30 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

billy7772 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rered
I want to have a great future and keep going to school and do my A-levels (thingies that you do before University) but I can't force myself to work on my GCSE's (exam's to get to doing A-levels).

I'm such a loser, I just can't make myself do any work. I'll start it and think about it and have ideas but I can't do it.

*smacks head*

I'f I don't get my work done by the end of this week I'll probably fail my GCSE's, but I still can't force myself to do it. I already know that I'm going to fail because I'm too lazy. I'm such a ********.
Many people with anxiety and depression are think they are lazy when in fact the laziness stems from all the energy that is tied up in trying to feel better You may need to switch to another AD, but I would also suggest that you look into Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). I was on meds for many years before I found CBT and it cured me and got me off meds in a remarkably short period of time. CBT is not like other talk therapy, it's all about using the tools to learn to think more clearly and accurately about things and once you do your anxiety and depression will begin to lift before your eyes. My favorite starter book on CBT is "Been There, Done That? Do This! by Sam Obitz.
The more dedicated you are to the tools the faster and deeper the recovery regardless of how bad their anxiety was when they got started. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Billy

Closed Thread