It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2004, 05:07 PM   #1
(male)

sd3 HB User
Upset bowels - normal?

Hi All,

This isn't a pretty topic but I have to know why it's happening or if anyone else has this going on. I'm on 15 mg of Celexa (Cipramil) that I take every night before bed to help with an anxiety disorder I developed following a rotten inner ear infection. In the early days of taking the drug I had side-effects (normal of course) one of which was diarrhea first thing in the morning. I'm now at the 3 month mark and still getting diarrhea from this off and on. The worst thing is that as it is stirring all night in my gut, I don't feel so great and this has the effect of increasing the anxiety/sick feeling throughout the night which really disrupts my sleep.

Do some of you get this? Should I consider another drug? Other than the above mentioned, I feel OK.

Thanks...sd3

Old 03-28-2004, 07:52 PM   #2

Ibsux HB User
Re: Upset bowels - normal?

I have had a lot of stress and anxiety the past few months. Although I am not on any depression or anxiety meds, I am experiencing some bowel anomalies as well.

I usually am on the IBS boards and have gotten a lot of great tips there.

What I've learned is that there is definitely a link between psychosocial factors and the normal operation of your gut. With me, relaxation/visualization/meditation helps, but try to increase your intake of insoluble fiber.

I've taken Fibercon supplements and its helped in bulking up the stool. What you may be going through isn't normal, but there's an answer. Don't get discouraged.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread