It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 10:20 PM   #1
(female)

jarsofglitter HB User
I don't know.

I...don't really know what the point of this is, but...I don't know.

I used to suffer from depression. I was never diagnosed with it, and never had any treatment for it, since my mom didn't believe it was a real problem. I guess it would come and go. But I guess it's been a really long time this time since I was last really depressed. And this just out of nowhere hit me. And it seems so much worse this time since it has been so long.

I don't know. I'm not really making any sense. I don't know why I'm even posting this. I'm sorry.

Old 03-31-2004, 10:24 PM   #2

possum HB User
Re: I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsofglitter
I used to suffer from depression. I was never diagnosed with it, and never had any treatment for it, since my mom didn't believe it was a real problem.
Decribe your symptoms in as much detail as possible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2004, 10:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

billy7772 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsofglitter
I...don't really know what the point of this is, but...I don't know.

I used to suffer from depression. I was never diagnosed with it, and never had any treatment for it, since my mom didn't believe it was a real problem. I guess it would come and go. But I guess it's been a really long time this time since I was last really depressed. And this just out of nowhere hit me. And it seems so much worse this time since it has been so long.

I don't know. I'm not really making any sense. I don't know why I'm even posting this. I'm sorry.
Hi welcome and don't be sorry. Lots of good people on here and I'm sure you will get plenty of good advice
The answer for me was Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). I was on meds for many years before I found CBT and it cured me and got me off meds in a remarkably short period of time. CBT is not like other talk therapy. A good CBT therapist knows they cannot change what's already happened to you but they can help you change how you deal with what happens in your life from here on out. It's all about using the tools to learn to think more clearly and accurately about things and once you do your anxiety, panic and depression will miraculously begin to lift before your eyes. My favorite starter book on CBT is "Been There, Done That? Do This! by Sam Obitz. Based on what I have seen with the people I know who used CBT the more dedicated you are to the tools the faster and deeper the recovery regardless of how bad their anxiety was when they got started. It was inspiring to see the how the people in my group that dove in head first started seeing results to those of us like me that were more skeptical and less dedicated to using the tools in the beginning. Like anything in life the more you put in the more you get out of CBT. That's why I think group settings can be especially effective with CBT because you can see the people that are working the hardest to get well making the most progress and it becomes infectious. Best of all once you learn the tools you carry them with you the rest of your life and can give yourself relief whenever you need it.

Take care and keep posting

Billy

Old 04-01-2004, 07:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Glitter - I'm sorry that you are going through such a low time now. It's okay that you don't understand it and it's okay that you don't know what you want from the board. Most of us been there and some of us are there now with you.

Feel free to post more even if it doesn't make sense. You don't need to apologize!

Closed Thread