It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2004, 05:59 AM   #1

leeintx HB User
HELP! my sex life on prozac??

Hi, im a 33yr old female i weight 133lbs im 5'7....ive been on prozac 20mg for 6weeks now and i take it at night. My sex life has gone out the window..my hubby is getting very upset with me. does anyone have this problem since takeing prozac? Help!!!!how do i get my sex life back?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2004, 07:17 AM   #2

BethyM HB User
Wink Re: HELP! my sex life on prozac??

[QUOTE=leeintx]Hi, im a 33yr old female i weight 133lbs im 5'7....ive been on prozac 20mg for 6weeks now and i take it at night. My sex life has gone out the window..my hubby is getting very upset with me. does anyone have this problem since takeing prozac? Help!!!!how do i get my sex life back????? [/QUOTE

I understand how you feel....I had the same problems when I started Zoloft....After about 3-4 months things got much better!!!! Your hubbie needs to be understanding...Maybe he could read up on SSRI's a little and he would understand.....Also, he should be grateful if its at least helping your depression...Hang in there, maybe the sexual side effects will get better, maybe they won't...At the very least, you won't be on Prozac forever... Best Wishes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2004, 10:14 PM   #3
(male)

peaceseeker2 HB User
Re: HELP! my sex life on prozac??

Hi
I am male and I have been dealing with a variety of different sexual dysfunction issues from the antidepressant medication that I take and have taken in the past. SSRI medications are notorious for causing sexual dysfunctions in both sexes. Keep in mind that you do not have to live like this. There are different things that can be done. Talk to your doctor about it. It might be a bit embarrasing at first, but it is important to do so. Trust me, whatever you say, they have heard a million times before. Your medication can be switched or additional medication can be added to counter the side effects.
As far as your husband goes, sit him down and have a heart to heart discussion with him. Let him know what is going on, namely that the reason why certain things are happening or are not happening is because of the medication and not because of him. Also, reassure your husband, and yourself, that the present situation is not a permanent situation and that you plan to address it with your physician. I suspect that your husband will be a lot more understanding and supportive once he realizes what the side effects of the medication is and that something is going to be done to try and change it. At the risk of sounding like one of those annoying people that can find a silver lining in any cloud no matter what, perhaps you and your husband can look at this time as an opportunity to experiment and try new things in bedroom to address his sex drive and to accomodate you. Good luck.

Old 04-09-2004, 09:43 PM   #4

leeintx HB User
Re: HELP! my sex life on prozac??

thanks a bunch for your info!

Closed Thread