It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2004, 10:43 AM   #1
(female)

ilovethenow HB User
Cool Quitting Celexa

Hello. I was originally prescribed celexa one year ago for a (mostly) situational depression/anxiety. I didn't have any problems with it, but when I ran out 5 days ago, I decided to "see if i still needed it." It's not bad mood-wise, but I started getting the tingling in my arms today (well, actually, just the right arm.) It feels like (as someone else described) hitting your funny bone, only it starts in the hand and "buzzes" up to the elbow. It's a wild feeling--not entirely unpleasant. My question is, do the w/drawls get any worse after 5 days, and how long can I expect these "zaps" to last? Thanks in advance. Connie

Old 04-01-2004, 11:16 AM   #2

ckellym HB User
Re: Quitting Celexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethenow
Hello. I was originally prescribed celexa one year ago for a (mostly) situational depression/anxiety. I didn't have any problems with it, but when I ran out 5 days ago, I decided to "see if i still needed it." It's not bad mood-wise, but I started getting the tingling in my arms today (well, actually, just the right arm.) It feels like (as someone else described) hitting your funny bone, only it starts in the hand and "buzzes" up to the elbow. It's a wild feeling--not entirely unpleasant. My question is, do the w/drawls get any worse after 5 days, and how long can I expect these "zaps" to last? Thanks in advance. Connie

Can I ask you what dosage you were on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2004, 11:28 AM   #3
(female)

ilovethenow HB User
Talking Re: Quitting Celexa

I was on 20 mg for most of the year; only my last prescription was for 40 mg. She increased the dosage when I said I was having the winter BLAHS--I do believe it was just that--we were snowed in half the winter! Thanks. Have a good day.

Old 04-01-2004, 11:51 AM   #4

ckellym HB User

My doctor wants to put me on 20mg a day - but I am hesitant because I dont want to becme addicted - how did it work for you - I have problems with panic attacks and anxiety

Thanks!!

Old 04-01-2004, 12:03 PM   #5
(female)

ilovethenow HB User

Hi again. I really liked celexa when I started it. I actually lost about 15 lbs--to 120, which was great. It's not that I was having any problem that prompted me to stop; I just thought I'd try it. I also had panic attacks (before the situational thing). I can honestly say that I didn't have ANY while on the celexa. She also prescribed klonopin, though, as needed. I never took more than 1/2 of a .5 mg tablet--mostly to fall asleep more easily. Once again, I didn't necessarily have any difficulty falling asleep; I just knew it would be quick w/ the klonopin! I'm going to see what happens this weekend; if I end up getting panicky at all, I'm going to pick up my prescription. The problem is though, I get my drivers' license back on Monday (part of the situational thing!), and I was driving when I had my first panic attack years ago. The more I think about it, I probably should wait til summer to quit since I'm off work in the summers and won't have to worry about driving or getting panicky at work. Thanks for letting me ramble! Good luck with your decision. (p.s. the zapping is starting down my leg this afternoon--it IS wild!)

Old 04-01-2004, 12:21 PM   #6

ckellym HB User

Thanks for your input - I hope the zapping pains subside for you! That cannot be fun!

I might give the Celexa a try - I had a really bad panic attack yesterday, chest pains, palpitations, ugh - terrible. I hate them. But when I am not having them, I think Im ok and dont need the medication, but once I get an attack, its torture and Im asking myself "why didnt I just start the celexa"
well now I am rambling.
Take care

Closed Thread