It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2004, 12:14 PM   #1
Inactive

fruitloop HB User
Withdrawal How long does this nightmare last?

Hi,
When coming of meds how long does it stay in your system?
A week?
2 Weeks?
I know its different for many people but in general we are told that most meds take 1-2 weeks to work , is it the same when quitting?
I have weaned down to the minimum i can and now am on nothing (2nd day) how bloody long do i have to put up with these damn headaches and nausea and i seem to sleep 75% of the day.

Regards.

Old 04-03-2004, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Withdrawal How long does this nightmare last?

what med is it?
valium for a while helps but may make you more sleepy

its easy to confuse after effects of a med with a return of the original problems that were being stopped by the med

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2004, 03:23 PM   #3
Inactive

fruitloop HB User

HI
The med is Remeron, i originally took it as i created depression from severe backpain! The docs think that most of the pain was causd by me being depressed as they did not think the severity of the problem would be caused by the pain alone.
The problem is the backpain has got worse as i have weaned off but atleast if i can get off it then i can try something else.
I managed to get from 45mg-7 mg in four weeks but this last 2 days of taking nothing has just given me alot of nausea and headaches (let alone the backpain) and so much sleep!
So i just wondered howlong this med stays in your system? before possibly trying something else.
The main problem is the sleep, just fall asleep 75% of the day and then wake with the nausea and headaches and then fall asleep again.

Thanks for the replies.

Old 04-04-2004, 10:44 PM   #4
(male)

artichack HB User

Hey fruitloop....I was on paxil for 6 months, 45mg daily....got sick of the extra weight I put on, along with the terrible sexual side effects. I weaned down to 5mg a day, over 2 month period, and stopped,for a week, but the side effects made me go back on 30mg......bad brain zaps.....anxiety....and so forth. Found a post on here, and someone suggested to cut the 5 mg in half. I did that, and the side effects only lasted for a couple of days....nothing like the first go around. You might try to cut your dosage in half again....I would also check with your doc to see if that's a good idea or not.....some need meds longer than others. Best of luck...artichack

Old 04-07-2004, 08:57 AM   #5

ravenstorm HB User

How long were you on the remeron? Did it work for you? Did you gain weight? Have you asked your doctor if there is anything you can do to minimize the withdrawal?

I feel for you. I went through horrible withdrawal from paxil.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:39 AM   #6
Inactive

fruitloop HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenstorm
How long were you on the remeron? Did it work for you? Did you gain weight? Have you asked your doctor if there is anything you can do to minimize the withdrawal?

I feel for you. I went through horrible withdrawal from paxil.
Hi

I was on the Remeron for 9 months and weaned down to 7 mg from 45mg , and then Quit, Is been a week now since i have quit to nothing and the sleepness is slowly going away but its the terrible "Brain zaps" and vomiting (usually in the evenings) , the Zaps are horrific and used to last for an hour but now they are down to about 25 minutes.
Somebody on here once said"Its your brain getting its normal chemicals back" which in her case she kept thinking everytime it happened.
I take a bit of Diazepham which seems to ease it but i dont want to over do it.
My Doc only gave me a 30% chance of it working and me being totally of meds but i had to give it a go as i felt no worse weaning off, but as soon as i took that last step to nothing the "Zaps started and its like being in hell !
The doc has suggestted Dosulepin or Loferepramine or failing that Sertraline if the withdrawal does not work.
But i dont know how long to continue until i think of taking one of these, these "Zaps" are horrific but i feel a week surely is not enough.

Ravenstorm,
How long did the withdrawal take for you of Paxil and when did you "REALLY" no you had cracked it?
If you went through this i feel for you to.

Old 04-11-2004, 09:53 AM   #7

grams7grand HB User

how long does it take to get through remeron withdrawal, i,m in my 2nd week now and my 4th week from paxil. I can't stand this sleepyness,one minute i'm reading something on the comp. next min. i,m asleep. help anybody with this experience.

Closed Thread