It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2004, 08:03 AM   #1

KJ_371 HB User
Paxil CR vs Lexapro

I'm actually thinking of switching from Paxil CR to Lexapro. If anyone is on Lexapro and could offer any insight about side effects, including weight gain, I'd appreciate it.

KJ

Old 04-06-2004, 08:17 AM   #2

google321 HB User
Re: Paxil CR vs Lexapro

I had to stop taking lexapro because I lost 10lbs. in two months. I was underweight to begin with. If you want to lose weight, it may be right for you. Just be ready to bounce off the walls and pull out your hair. I hated the stuff.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2004, 09:06 AM   #3

kbell HB User

I switched from wellbutrin to lexapro. I've been taking lexapro for 3 weeks now and don't feel nearly as anxious as I did but feel flat as a pancake emotionally. I feel sleepy much of the time too. My doc wants me to stick it out but is considering putting me on seroquel if the lexapro doesn't work out. I've got an increased appetite which I think I can directly relate to the lexapro as well. Good to not feel depressed but not good to be getting heavier, being tired, and feeling deprived of my personality. Sorry I don't have happier news for you!

Old 04-06-2004, 04:37 PM   #4

bastila HB User

I was taking Proazc. The Prozac worked ok but within a few weeks it would start giving me bad headacks. Lexapro is safer than Praxil in that there are less severe side effects. I have not taken Praxil because of the side effects i have heard of, and you are supose to stop taking Praxil gradually. I am taking Lexapro and it is working well. I am not having any weight issues because of the Lexapro. I am dieting and am losing a little weight and keeping it off. I think it may be making me feel sleepy. I feel chemically better. My husband has sexual dysfuction problems and the lack of sex is making me depressed.
My doctor told me that people who take an antidepressent for a year are less likely to have a depressed episode relapse. I am trying to continue the Lexapro for at least 12 months while my husband is tring to rememdy his premature ejaculation and firmness issues. There are boards with information from people taking the various antidepressents and their successes and problems with the medications. Check them out if you are interested.
Sincerely,
Bastila

Last edited by bastila; 04-06-2004 at 04:42 PM.

Closed Thread