It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2004, 06:59 PM   #1

Batmanfan1 HB User
Physical effects of depression?

Has anyone else experienced this?
-Extreme fatigue(can't sit up sometimes)
-felling in a daze all the time
-muscle tension/weakness
-chills/hot spells
-sore throat
I have been on Wellbutrin for years. I was sick all last year with chronic infections and got a tension headache in January that has not gone away. My neck is all in knots, but I'm in physical therapy. My doc thinks I am getting depressed again/more, but I'm not sure. It feels different to me. He is doing bloodwork now, but I am nervous about the results any way they come out. Any input appreciated.
Kevin

Old 04-07-2004, 07:13 PM   #2

possum HB User
Re: Physical effects of depression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanfan1
Has anyone else experienced this?
-Extreme fatigue(can't sit up sometimes)
-felling in a daze all the time
-muscle tension/weakness
-chills/hot spells
-sore throat
I have been on Wellbutrin for years. I was sick all last year with chronic infections and got a tension headache in January that has not gone away. My neck is all in knots, but I'm in physical therapy. My doc thinks I am getting depressed again/more, but I'm not sure. It feels different to me. He is doing bloodwork now, but I am nervous about the results any way they come out. Any input appreciated.
Kevin
Light Headness, nausea, and I'll bet there are quite a few symptoms you didn't know were related and being caused by "clinical" depression.

These symptoms are usually cured with the correct medication which your obviously not taking. Conversely the wrong medication can cause these symptoms. So-called party drugs such as ecstasy can also cause these symptoms, even coffee in some individuals.

Time to re-evaluate your medication.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2004, 07:20 PM   #3
Inactive

Karla HB User

I sleep excessivly. I worry excessivly. I have anxiety. My memory is shot. I can't focus or concentrate on anything. I feel misserable in general. I am on disability for depression. I take effexor. I used to take celexa to it quit working for me. Sometimes you need a different med or a higher dose and sometimes you are just stuck suffering with the effects of depression. Life sucks sometimes

Old 04-07-2004, 09:35 PM   #4

Batmanfan1 HB User

Thank you for your fast replies. There are a few other symptoms like Possum mentioned that I didn't consider to be related. I'll make an appointment to be re-evaluated. Hang in there Karla .
Kevin

Old 04-07-2004, 11:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

I agree with the others, you say you've been on wellbutrin for years, so it may have stopped working. When an AD stops working, it can actually cause depression/anxiety etc. That's what happened to me, I was on amitrityline for 7 years & last spring , summer, sometime in there it quit working & besides my depression coming back, I also had more anxiety & panic attacks. Good luck in your search for a new med, I hope you have better luck than me, I've been at it since last OCT. and still do not have one that I can tolerate...

Old 04-08-2004, 04:16 PM   #6

Batmanfan1 HB User

I feel worse. I can barely walk around sometimes. My doctor is doing bloodwork, but I won't hear until tomorrow. My depression never made me feel this way before, it scares me. I can only work for a couple of minutes and then have to sit down. Has anyone else had fatigue/weakness this bad with depression? Please help me. Thank you.
Kevin

Closed Thread