It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2004, 04:30 PM   #1

Richard74 HB User
New

Hello!

I'm new here so i don't know where to start, my name is Richard, i'm from Georgia. I have been fighting depression forever and i really have no one to talk to, i am feeling really down. I had a very bad childhood and now an adult hood, really never felt loved by anyone til i met my buddy about 6 years ago and be became more my brother than anything but i always had him to turn to but for some reason he has not spoken to me in two weeks now and i have not seen him since like March the 11th. I know he has alot going on with school and he is married but he never not called or not answer when i called, he wont return e-mail or nothing so now i'm left alone once again.
It's so hard to get thru a day and now i have no reason to go thru a day b/c without my brother i have no one, i really never speak to my family b/c of the roards they have taken, all i really have now is my mom but i can not talk to him about things, i could only talk to matt, anyways i'm just really down and wanted to get some things out so sorry to take up so much of your time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2004, 10:15 PM   #2

Black Circle HB User
Re: New

Hi Richard,

I know what it's like to not have anyone to talk to. I havn't spoken to anyone for three days, not a word. I havn't had a real conversation with someone I wanted to talk to in months? I can't remember. Point bieng I can relate to what your saying. Not that I have any ideas for you, but your not alone.

Black Circle
People who comprehend a thing to its very depths rarely stay faithful to it forever. For they have brought its depths into the light of day: and in the depths there is always much that is unpleasant to see.

Nietzsche

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2004, 10:31 PM   #3

Batmanfan1 HB User

Hey guys.
Being alone is a horrible, difficult thing. Please know that there are people out there that do care about YOU. Many of us have battled through this, and if we stick together we can all come out of it OK. Please never be afraid to post your feelings here. There is always some one who will listen and care. I hope you feel better soon. Keep your head up. Try to think about good things. Please know that you're not alone.
Hang in there!
Kevin

Old 04-09-2004, 02:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

I'm sure it hurts that your "brother" has not returned your calls & you are also stumped wondering why. Maybe he is just feeling overwhelmed & maybe he has some problems he needs to deal with right now.

Give him some space & see what happens. When things like this happen, of course, with our dep. we blame ourselves for having done something.

Try not to dwell on it & come here & talk as much as you want. This is a great outlet, as everyone here understands without questioning you. We are all in the same depression boat. I have a good family, but I still need to talk to people here, try as my family may, they simply cannot understand what or how depression makes us feel.

Do you work, do you get out of the house at least to work?

Hoping you get some answers & things get straightened out.

Welcome....

Old 04-09-2004, 11:20 AM   #5
(female)

Foxbluff HB User

Hi, Richard. Please forgive me if I'm an idiot for asking this question: Since you haven't actually seen him or heard from him in a couple of wks, do you know for certain that he's in town?

I mean, it's so unusual for a friend not to respond to a friend. Is it possible that he has been called out-of-town due to a medical emergency or such in his family? Could he or a member of his immediate family be in the hospital w/out your knowing it?

If you already know the answer, please forgive me for asking the question. Fox

Old 04-09-2004, 04:11 PM   #6

Richard74 HB User

Hi everyone!
Thank you all for talking to me, i really needed this a lot.
I do work, it's hard b/c i'm so depressed all the time i can't wait til the 9 hours is up so i can come home.
My friend is in town, when i called last night his wife said he went to Home Depot and she would tell him to call but still nothing and i called twice today and nothing so i think i will do as Lori said and give him some space, i sent him a e-mail and told him Happy Easter and that i miss and love my buddy and that i will chill calling him but i will be here when he's ready to talk to me again. You also have to know him, if he's busy then he doesn't think oh i haven't called my buddy he, will call and act like he just talk to you yesterday or a few days again, i guess what i'm saying is he gets into one thing and thinks of nothing else so he will call me it's just hard going this long without your best bud speaking to you, makes you feel like you've done something wrong when i didn't do anything but go out of my way to be nice and make sure things are good for him. I 'm still really sad but not much i can do but just ride over and bust in on him at his house and i don't wanna do that so i guess i will chill and be without a buddy for a while, it sure does hurt.
Thank once again to all you guys, just being able to talk to others help, you all should get an award for being there for others.

Old 04-09-2004, 05:16 PM   #7
(female)

Foxbluff HB User

Yep, "chilling out" sounds like the right thing for now. Meanwhile, try to think up ways to meet some new people as it would help you to have more than one friend. I know, I know...that's not easy when you just want to go home and lock the door. Especially difficult when you have to put in a 9 hr-workday...depression alone zaps us of energy!

Meanwhile, hang out here to read & post. You're one of "us" now. Fox

Old 04-09-2004, 06:01 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi,

Having friends disappear from our lives can be difficult. But, since you two have been really close...are you saying you have no clue as to why this has come up?

Just out of curiosity..has your relationship always been one sided -- meaning him always there for you?

It's definitely possible there are other problems on his end and it's sometimes just easier to not talk with or avoid others altogether. At least for a while.

I agree with chilling for a while and seeking support in yourself and possibly making other friends as well.

Hope it works out for you.
quincy

Old 04-09-2004, 06:39 PM   #9

Richard74 HB User

Hi everyone!
No, it's not like that, i'm there for him all the time he is a bust person and he has all the other things that i don't have, like another brother, sister, dad and wife so he's busy working everyone in, he's just never went without talking to me this long which mad me think i did something wrong but i didn't i've been so good to him, he's my family.
He will come around, it's just sad without him right now and i don't know what i can do if something is wrong with him if he blocks me out.
You know when somone say's it looks like you lost your best friend, thats what it feels like right now and i'm one of those people who when something like that happens i fall back down the hill and have to start the climb again.
I know i will be ok, i'm always depressed but i only tried to take my life once and i don't think i will try that again but no matter how down i am i think if my mom and buddy is all i have a more than enough reason to go on and then this place is so nice to come to so thanks for hearing all my crazy thoughts.

Closed Thread