It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2004, 06:00 PM   #1

ashley123 HB User
Unhappy So Depressed..

Hi, I am 14 yrs old. I have been feeling so badly this year, its just that I know I need to lose weight, and every summer from when I was 10 yrs old to now I promised myself I would lose weight and go back to school that year looking and feeling good. I haven't gotten there yet, but I just look at everyone else in my classes and think "They don't know what it's like to be made fun of for being overweight" Or how they can just chug down 2 cans of pop, not even thinking about it, while I refuse because I know I can't have it. They are out hanging at the mall and going to movies, I just make up excuses as to why I can't go with them, and every single weekend I sit at home so bored, but it's like I would rather be sitting at home then go to the mall or movies with friends. Also, I might have a possible Bacterial Vaginitis, and I look at all of them again and think how lucky they are that they don't have to deal with a BV.. that they have no idea what it's like. It's like I don't have anything good about me, sometimes I just wish I wasn't here, like no one even cares about me or anything. I'm always looking at my friends wishing I had their white teeth, perfect hair, or great body. What is wrong with me?!?

Old 04-13-2004, 07:36 PM   #2
Veteran

Dance4jc HB User
Re: So Depressed..

The teenage years are quite troublesome and only made harder when we feel alone. Ashley, i would encourage you to talk with your mom or dad about how you are feeling and see if they can help you find a counselor you could talk with regarding the issues you are facing. Sometimes our feelings can send our thoughts into a whirlwind and we need someone to help us in figuring them out.

You deserve to be having fun during your teenage years, so be brave and ask for help. I know it is hard, but you can do it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2004, 10:36 PM   #3

fjc16 HB User

Don't hang out with people who don't respect you, because you don't deserve that. Real friends will like you for who you are and even if you don't have them now, you will. Be strong and be optimisitc!

Old 04-14-2004, 03:12 AM   #4
(female)

solcita HB Usersolcita HB User

I understand a 100% what you're going through because I have been there... I think everybody has in some point in their lifes.
When I was in school I had to change schools all the time because of my dad's job... so as soon as I got used to one school we had to move out and the process would start again...
About feeling bad about the way you look, I'm pretty sure that even the most beautiful girl in school has her days when she feels awful. Look, right now I'm going through a very very overweight period in my life and guess what? I found out it doesn't matter, I mean I will start working out because a in few months my brother will get married and I'd like to be better by that time... but I realized that weight doesn't matter to the people who really cares... My friends don't love me less because I'm overweight... They love me because of who I am, not because of the way I look...
I'm not trying to advertise that I live in a perfect world surround by perfect people and that I'm the most happy girl in the entire world, because believe me... I don't and I'm not... I do have my ups and downs, I don't feel pretty at all and my overweight sometimes is one of my weak points, so I understand you; what I think you should so while you start trying to lose weight is to find the way to like yourself... because you're going to live with yourself for a long time, and it's better to be with someone you love, right...?
Let me tell you about this guy: he is one of my best friends, he's so hot and one of the most incredible person I have ever met. He's even talented with music and the most funny person to be around... and guess what? He can't see that in himself. He's one of the most insecure persons in the world... when I started to see that in him I couldn't believe that such amazing guy could be insecure in any way... how can such a perfect person be so insecure of himself?? It doesn't make sense at all... At first I thought he said those things about himself because he wanted me to deny that and tell him "oh... no... you're wrong, you're hot" you know? But I have learnet with time that he doesn't do it for that... he really doesn't know he's such an amazing person...
I'm not trying to tell you that you're a perfect person hiding behind an insecurity because I don't know you, but I think you should try to find what's really behind that insecurity to try to realize what's going on. You may find help in someone who cares about you... My friend is finding it in me.

I think this is all blahbing... I hope it helps in any way... sorry it's 7AM and I'm getting ready to go to school... so it's probably only an asleep girl blahbing... but sometimes the blahbing helps.. oh God, I better stop...

Take care Ashley and please let us know how you're doing, you're gonna find amazing people around here willing to help you get through this...

And, as my mom told me just last night: believe it or not, this will also go away...

Sol

Closed Thread