It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2004, 06:22 PM   #1

leeintx HB User
another ? on prozac???

ive been takeing prozac 20mg. for 8 weeks now..im sleepy all the time. i take it at night. i mean i can work and all but if i sit still long enouph i can fall asleep. does anyone else have a side effect on being sleepy on prozac? i get 9 hrs of sleep a night..come on i shouldnt be sleepy like this.....

Old 04-13-2004, 06:52 PM   #2

possum HB User
Re: another ? on prozac???

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeintx
ive been takeing prozac 20mg. for 8 weeks now..im sleepy all the time. i take it at night. i mean i can work and all but if i sit still long enouph i can fall asleep. does anyone else have a side effect on being sleepy on prozac? i get 9 hrs of sleep a night..come on i shouldnt be sleepy like this.....
I'm on week 5 and I'm exactly the same.

Prozac had cured many symptoms, but I can't get over the drowsiness.

In the whole 5 weeks, I'm certain I haven't slept more than 3 hours without waking up. I wake up many times each night.

Spending more time in bed doesn't help at all either.

I tried taking the capsules at night but couldn't fall asleep so I take them in the afternoon.

I hope I can get a good nights sleep soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2004, 05:03 AM   #3

leeintx HB User

possum--oh i know i started takeing it at night from the start and last night i woke up some but i have my days some days im so sleepy and some im not to bad. dr said that i shouldnt be sleepy with 8 weeks in but like i told him i was so hipper and never sleept before the prozac and now it has calmed me down and im sure that is why im like this. he wants to drop me to 10mg instead of 20mg and i want to stay on 20mg. but it has really helped me the only thing is im sleepy and my sex drive with my hubby isnt good but other wise im a whole new person i can face life now..

Old 04-15-2004, 06:22 AM   #4

possum HB User

Quote:
dr said that i shouldnt be sleepy with 8 weeks in but like i told him i was so hipper and never sleept before the prozac
Woohoo 3 weeks to go...... 3 MORE WEEKS 3 WEEKS TO GO even if it's FOUR MORE WEEKS WOOHOO

Quote:
my sex drive with my hubby isnt good
My sex drive was all over the place. In the second week I was soooo sleepy, but my sex drive....well let's just say (I'm male) I didn't have any clothing loose enough to venture out of the house.

Spent the whole 2nd week praying my mother wouldn't visit

Then my wife visited...and...well we're seperated and hadn't ummmm...so we .....and I found out it to longer to get there for me...and almost gave up as my ex was past enjoyment...but wouldn't tell me till I asked why she was walking funny. It's put her off I think...she warned me she didn't want anything 2 days in advance of visiting When I finally did get there...it was better than before prozac

Quote:
other wise im a whole new person i can face life now..
I've had many symptoms disappear completely. The most amazing thing are the symptoms that I didn't even know were symptoms till they'd gone and I ask the doctor! First time I've had warm hands and feet since I remember.

Old 04-15-2004, 03:21 PM   #5

leeintx HB User

possum--thanks for the info... very intresting!

Closed Thread