It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2004, 08:32 PM   #1
(male)

peaceseeker2 HB User
Feel like psychological death warmed over/Effexor XR question

Hello all!

I really feel like psychological death warmed over. I am currently taking Effexor XR at 300 mg a day. I am seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow and....something needs to be done with my meds. It seems as though the Effexor XR has helped me in regards to my ability to function and be motivated. That is about it. From an emotional standpoint, I feel like, well, like the title said, psychological death warmed over. There have been times in the last couple of weeks where I felt as though I would have preferred to be dead than alive. No, I have no intention to harm myself, but, I am wondering if anyone else had a similar experience on Effexor XR where it helped them function but not emotionally feel better. I have been at 300 mg. for about a month and was at 225 mg a day for about a month before that. I have been on several different antidepressants and still have not found one that really works for me. This sucks. I am thinking that tomorrow I will start a new antidepressant. I am debating in my head between Paxil and Remeron. I have already done Zoloft, Lexapro, and Wellbutrin SR.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:28 AM   #2

sweetums HB User
Re: Feel like psychological death warmed over/Effexor XR question

I was on Effexor for about 3 months, and I felt basically the same way that you did...Before that I was on Celexa for 4 years, it worked for quite awhile...but then my body seemed to have gotten use to it and it wasn't working anymore...but you said your thinking about trying another anti-depressant tomorrow...are you doing this through your doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2004, 12:27 AM   #3

Spasm HB User

You should do some research on Effexor. There is a lawsuit out agains Pizer (who makes it) because they lied about what it really helps. When I took Effexor, I got severe cramps in my legs. I don't think this drug is safe at all. I would do a lot of research on the Internet if I was you.

Old 04-18-2004, 08:48 AM   #4
(male)

peaceseeker2 HB User

Hello
Thank you for your replies. I saw my psychiatrist five days ago and he added Adderall XR at 20 mg. a day to my drug regimen and it seems to be helping some. I don't seem to be wishing to be run over by a speeding bus nearly as much as I was before I saw him. Hopefully, this improvement will continue.

Old 04-18-2004, 11:46 AM   #5

xawsted HB User

I have been on Effexor about 6 years. I was on Paxil before that but I was gaining too much weight. Both of them seem to work exactly the same and I thank God for them every day. Before I went on these medications, I suffered with terrible anxiety since I was 9 years old. These medications have made me feel normal (for so many years I was sure I was crazy) and have given me the chance to accomplish all the great things I have accomplished during the last 10 years.

I was curious though if anyone was experiencing severe itching on their arms and legs when going from hot to cool temperatures. I am wondering if this is a side effect of Effexor.

If you are having problems with your medication, don't give up. I remember my doctor switching me to Prozac and it was horrible - I totally freaked out. There is a medication out there that will work for you; it just may take you a little time to find it.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:24 AM   #6
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User

Maybe you can try really good therapy with a new AD or a bipolar medication. Effexor did not work for me. I felt really hyper and freaked out a lot. I hope you feel better. Good luck.

Closed Thread