It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2004, 07:51 AM   #1

Ava11 HB User
Question Sorry to bring up weight gain AGAIN but, I have a ?

Ok, I've been on Prozac for 2.5 months and haven't gained any weight. In fact, I lost about 3lbs. I've been on both Paxil and Zoloft in the past and gained weight but I can't remember how long I was on them before I started to gain weight. The only thing I've changed is that I follow the South Beach Diet but I'm in the maintenance phase so my diet isn't that strict. I mainly try to avoid white flour and sugar as much as possible.

For those of you that have gained weight on Prozac or other AD.......how long did it take before you started to put on the weight??

Thanks!!

Ava

Old 04-14-2004, 08:35 AM   #2

NANKY HB User
Re: Sorry to bring up weight gain AGAIN but, I have a ?

I WAS ORIGINALLY ON CELEXA AND I GAINED 20 LBS IN 4 MONTHS.
AFTER MANY OTHERS,AND MORE WEIGHT GAIN I AM ON WELLBUTERIN THEY SAY A SIDE EFFECT TO THIS IS WEIGHT LOSS. I HAVE NOT SEEN IT. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR DIET. I AM ON ONE TOO. IS THIS SYSTEM YOU ARE ON EXPENSIVE. IF IT WORKS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #3

Ava11 HB User

I did lose 25lbs (which I gained on Zoloft) while off meds and now we'll see if I can maintain on Prozac. The South Beach Diet is a book and you can find it pretty much anywhere!!

Old 04-14-2004, 03:30 PM   #4

bastila HB User

I gained weight while on Prozac and could not get it off. When i went on an orgainic diet and started eating more proten the weight begain to come off slowly. I am on Lexapro and i am not gaining weight on it. I have been dieting and have lost a bit more weight while on the Lexapro. To lose weight generally a person has to consume about 1500 calories a day. That is 500 calories per meal for three meal per day. Does not feel like much to eat. Keep up the good fight.
Sincerely,
Bastila

Old 04-14-2004, 04:54 PM   #5

possum HB User

I've been on Prozac for 5 weeks.

Now that I know my symptoms are NOT due to hypoglycemia I'm losing weight on a weekly basis till I feel I've lost enough.

My diet is outlined in this topic on these boards: [URL=http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=164765]weightgain on medication from Happy Pills[/URL]

Closed Thread