It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2004, 10:44 PM   #1

Chuck65 HB User
Insonia Despite 2 Mg Xanax

I can;t sleep tonight after taking a doctor prescribed dose of 2 mg of Xanax. I also just started Lexapro tonight, Any relation?

I do not want to overdose on Xanax. I do not want to injure myself...too much to live for.

But I', super stressed out (I'm getting laid off soon) and can;t function.

Help me!

Old 04-16-2004, 12:29 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: Insonia Despite 2 Mg Xanax

Chuck,

Could be a reaction to Lexpro. You really can't overdose on Xanax. Take another one and see what happens. Don't make a habit of it as you don't want to up your addiction to Xanax, but there really have been no reported deaths related to Xanax overdose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2004, 10:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight
... You really can't overdose on Xanax... but there really have been no reported deaths related to Xanax overdose.
Oh, I have to respectfully disagree! Xanax 2mg is a pretty big first-time dose. I would NOT increase it without talking to your doctor!

Lexapro can cause insomnia. Talk to your doc.

Last edited by index.html; 04-16-2004 at 10:16 AM.

Old 04-17-2004, 04:08 AM   #4

Chuck65 HB User

Hi

Took my 2 mg of Xanax last night at 10 pm and it flattened me like a pancake like it ususally did in the past. I feel 1000% better today (still stressed but better).

I did not take my second pill of a Lexapro because of all the side effects of the pills. My doctor poo poos all the side effects.

Any advice?

Last edited by Chuck65; 04-17-2004 at 04:09 AM.

Old 04-17-2004, 04:19 AM   #5
(female)

Ann123 HB User

you should only be starting with 10 mg of Lexapro in the mornings. If you are taking a second dose does that mean you are taking more than that?

I'd stick to just 10 mgs for now and definitely in the mornings and see if that helps. Most people do not have to go above 10 mgs. Some start at 5 mgs.

Old 04-17-2004, 02:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck65
I did not take my second pill of a Lexapro because of all the side effects of the pills...
The majority of side effects disappear with time, although some don't. What side effects, specifically, are you concerned about?

Old 04-17-2004, 10:23 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Jennita HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck65
Hi

Took my 2 mg of Xanax last night at 10 pm and it flattened me like a pancake like it ususally did in the past. I feel 1000% better today (still stressed but better).

I did not take my second pill of a Lexapro because of all the side effects of the pills. My doctor poo poos all the side effects.

Any advice?

Yeah, easy to "poo poo" the side effects since he's not the one who is having them....I'd "dump" him.

Psychoactive drugs are serious business, beyond simple doody; not only to mention the side effects, but the flat-out uncertain way they will effect people and the ill effects on the body over time.

If they can't test, measure or define what is normal levels of serotoinin and/or other neurotransmitter levels in the living, human brain of each patient, then they can't be sure of any such deficiencies. It is not the same as the easy, convienient comparison they give about diabetes, because medical science can tell you what is normal blood sugar levels, they have a means to measure it and they can biologically test you for it.

The whole thing is based on theories developed from LSD experiments of the 60,s, with the discovery of a happiness side effect. Poop for sure.

Old 04-18-2004, 04:10 AM   #8

Chuck65 HB User

My two fears with Lexapro are (in order) insomnia and weight gain.

Well, I slept good again last night. Fell asleep without meds watching a movie with my wife and that kind of freaked me out since my doc insists I have squeaky clean sleep hygene. This morning I'm 'ok' but that might be because the Xanxax is still keeping me calm and I've had like 15 hours sleep the last two nights.

The big test will be during the week. I have to go to a job that's pure hell because I'm not supposed to know that I'm being laid off soon. Oye. But I have to focus on the bright things in my life (there are lots) and rechannel my energies. This may after all be a "good" life experience. But shoot, man, I'm 40! I'm sick of these experiences.

Closed Thread