It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2004, 09:50 PM   #1

iRiSh_GiRL11 HB User
Asap!! Leavign In 5 Mins...??

HEY--

quick question...
does anyone know HOW bad exactly drinking alcohol is when ur on paxil & effexor???

ionly had 3/4 tbs. of paxil *i'm decreasing dosage b/c i'm geting off it*... and i take liquid b/c i culdn't swallowpills when i started it.. but iDK how that equals out to pills.... but it's a pretty small dosage i think...

and today i took 2 37.5 mg pills of effexor???
im leavign in like 5 minS!!! ahh. so someone respond ASAP!! if u can help me!!

if no one responds ill prob end up drinking anyways.. but i'll prob only have like.. 2/3 shots bc i only weigh like...105...and i THINK? those meds just make the effects of alcohol go faster?/...ya?

Old 04-18-2004, 12:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User
Re: Asap!! Leavign In 5 Mins...??

Let us know how the shots affected you with the meds, since no one was here when you posted. I know I had a drink at a dinner we had to attend last nite, I usually do not drink with meds, but my back is messed up again & it helped the pain. One rum & coke & I could feel the effects of it for hours. When I took my Klonopin at bedtime, my heart was racing & it never does from Klonopin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2004, 07:11 PM   #3

iRiSh_GiRL11 HB User

hmm...
yaa i basically just think that it just gets u drunk faster...
i know that last night i had 2 shots *one was a double tho* ...of straight vodka & i walked into the other room 3 seconds later and was like *woahhhh. wat the hell...why do i already feel it getting to me??* ... i was just confused for a few minutes thinking that if i already felt tipsy, should i keep taking more?? lol... ya i voted yes and had one or two more shots *i dont even rememer lol*... and a screwdriver... it was all relatively close in time .. and by the time i finished the screwdriver i was definetly drunk... lol. i didnt have anymore after that just b/c i was scared that if i do i'll end up throwng up all over & havea nasty hangover...*i know my limits *...

and today i woke up ---after getting 2.5 hours of sleep--- 7:00-9:30am + no hangover or anything... eehhh i was worried that i'd get sick just b/c of the meds + that i was pretty fuked up last night.. ... so i'd say the only problem is that it just brings on the effects of alcohol faster.... @ least thats the only one i found... idk how it'll affect me in the long run lol.

oh wlel! i think if ur a casual drinker & ur on meds it'll be fine.. but if u drink everyday or anything like that... then that'll cause problems *at least i think in the long run*

oooo and when we got home.. i put my head on my pillow and jst passed out... it was amazing!! no sleepin pills needed and i fell asleep in about 4 seconds lol... --i LOVE when that happens--

Last edited by iRiSh_GiRL11; 04-18-2004 at 07:13 PM.

Old 04-18-2004, 11:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

I do worry about drinking with the meds, I mean can you overdose if you are on a med & drink too much, would it cause the same result as an overdose. I had read that alcohol enhances the affects of the meds. I rarely drink, maybe at a dinner we are invited to, but still, I don't worry about one drink, but how many more would be bad. Actually, I have been having brain zaps since having that drink friday nite, when I take my meds now! Have only had them with withdrawal from meds.

Closed Thread