It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 07:55 AM   #1
(female)

MissLijChristne HB User
Unhappy I don't know what to do.

My fiancee is definatly depressed. He no longer likes to participate in activities he once enjoyed, he seems like he feels hopeless, and looks like he hasn't slept in years. Also, his physical appearance has greatly changed. When I try to talk to him about it, he brushes me off and tells me that there's nothing wrong, and starts yelling at me. I'm really afraid he might do something crazy or something to hurt himself. He just won't listen! I'm at my wits end as to what to do. Can SOMEONE PLEASE help me? I'm afriad I may lose him!

Old 04-21-2004, 09:23 AM   #2
(female)

lory36 HB User
Re: I don't know what to do.

hi there
try and get him to go to the doctors for some anti deppresants sounds as tho he is defintely in need of some help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2004, 01:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

It's really hard to get someone to go for help when they are in denial. It sounds like he is in denial. Is there anyone else he may listen to? His mom or someone else?
At least if you could get him to read about depression, some of the symptoms, also that it is nothing to be ashamed of. Could you get him to come on the boards & talk to the people here?

Old 04-22-2004, 05:37 AM   #4
(female)

MissLijChristne HB User

Hi, and thanks for your replies.
He will not talk to me or listen to my concerns. He always listens to his mother, but she believes him perfect. He has been isolating himself from friends and some family now, so it's getting scary...(I doubt he'd come on here...He'll never admit he's got a problem)

Old 04-22-2004, 08:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

definitely deal with it BEFORE you start making wedding plans. He won't talk to you or listen to your concerns...problem #1. And if his mother thinks he's perfect, that's problem #2.

ABSOLUTELY NO KIDDING!!

You might want to look into Dr. Phil's book "Relationship Rescue" and there's a workbook that goes along with it.

If you don't deal with it NOW, nothing will change when you get married, also...you already have the predictor of your future.

q

Old 04-22-2004, 09:03 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

I comppletely agree with Quincy. You can't marry someone who disregards your opinion so completely. Postpone the wedding until he gets help.

Old 04-23-2004, 05:33 AM   #7
(female)

MissLijChristne HB User

Hi,
We haven't set a wedding date yet...I just worry about his health...

Closed Thread