HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Depression (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/depression/)
-   -   I was just prescribed Lexapro...Anyone Else Take It????... (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/depression/167199-i-just-prescribed-lexapro-anyone-else-take.html)

LastSupper 04-20-2004 01:55 PM

I was just prescribed Lexapro...Anyone Else Take It????...

my doctor prescribed lexapro for my depression and anxiety...what can I expect while taking this?

cloudnine 04-20-2004 02:37 PM

Re: I was just prescribed Lexapro...Anyone Else Take It????...

i hated lexapro...sexual side effects are the worst, you're never "in the mood" and an orgasm is absoultely impossible. i slept all the time when i was on it, i found it hard to wake up in the morning too. stomache paine when i firt started, loss of appetite...
meds are diff for everyone tho...you could love it!! let me know what you think of it!
peace
cloudnine

tessesa 04-20-2004 03:57 PM

i have been taking it for about three months and it has helped. It does lower your libido and that is a problem. i think effexor was better but i found it hard to sleep.... so then i had to take sleep aids...

Lilone00 04-26-2004 02:49 PM

Lexapro has helped with my mild depression. But I have had some unpleasant side effects. I get really nausious right after I take it and it lasts for like a half hour. I have had a decrease in appetite, and have felt very fatigued. I also get really shaky at times. That is just me though. I think everyone has to try it out for themselves and see what their reaction is.

bastila 04-26-2004 03:28 PM

I have been on Lexapro twice. The first time I do not remember any side effects. This time I have felt sleepy more and from what I have read on the board that may be a side effect. Over all though I have had a good experince with Lexapro and it has not made me any less in the mood. I am always ready and in the mood. I was taking 10mg and am now taking 20. My depression is generally very mild, but all the same annoying, but right now i have some added stressers and etc... I hope that the Lexapro is a good one for you, if it proves otherwise keep searching for the one that works with you for you.
Bastila

Crossbow 04-26-2004 06:33 PM

I found the sexual side effects wore off after I added Welbutrin to Lexapro, although it took several months.

My pharmacist told me that it makes some people sleepy and keeps others awake. (It keeps me awake, so I take it in the morning.)

anarlin 04-26-2004 06:40 PM

I just got put on it last month. I'm only on 5 mg a day, but they're probably raising it this month. I haven't noticed any side effects, but no differences either. I don't feel any better than I did, though I haven't had a panic attack since then.