It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 10:20 PM   #1

girldanagirl HB User
Question Lexapro Withdrawal Symptoms HELP

I just finished tappering off my last dose of lexapro last week and have not suffered any headaches or nausea. My most debilitating problem is massive anxiety and depression. I have been on wellbutrin and am taking klonopin as necessary(which is now several times a day). My anxiety and depression seem to be getting worse by the moment. From reading all the other posts this does not seem common. I am worried this is not a withdrawal symptom and I need to go back on the medication for psych reasons. The only symptom I seem to relate to is the lack of interest in food otherwise I feel incapable of getting out of bed due to the symptoms I had prior to being on lexapro. If anyone has ANY advise or common issues please help. My doctor doesn't have any answers and I feel like I am going crazy. Thank you in advance. Sincerely. D

Last edited by girldanagirl; 04-20-2004 at 10:27 PM.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Re: Lexapro Withdrawal symptoms

The anxiety could be caused by the the Welbutrin.

If it's Lexapro withdrawal, it should be over in about a week after you take your last dose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2004, 01:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

If you are suffering from the old depression symptoms, then the wellbutrin is probably not working for you. That is what happened when my AD failed. Are you with a family doc or a pdoc? I switched from my family doc as he just kept giving me samples of one after another & with no warning about withdrawals or side effects or anything.

Old 04-22-2004, 06:18 AM   #4

msdragon109 HB User

I really wish I had some input that would help you. However, I am just beginning the 'notion' of tapering off lexapro. I'm not sure if I can or not. I have gained 20 lbs in 2-3 months and have terrible memory problems. It is effecting my job performance and my self esteem. Also, I have no sex life at all. UGH! Tell me what the approach to tapering off this medication is???

Old 04-22-2004, 09:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdragon109
I really wish I had some input that would help you. However, I am just beginning the 'notion' of tapering off lexapro. I'm not sure if I can or not. I have gained 20 lbs in 2-3 months and have terrible memory problems. It is effecting my job performance and my self esteem. Also, I have no sex life at all. UGH! Tell me what the approach to tapering off this medication is???
First, tell your doctor. Do not stop taking it without talking to your doctor.
The usual way to taper off is to take half a dose for a week, then half again for another week, and so on. When I quit Paxil they made me taper off over a month.

Old 04-25-2004, 04:45 PM   #6

shar01 HB User

Hey there,

I too just came off Lexapro and am just now starting on Wellbutrin with Klonopin as necessary. I thought Klonopin was to be taken regularly. Does anyone know if it's just as effective? I mean, I guess it works right away?

How has the combination worked for you so far? Any advice?

shar

Old 04-26-2004, 02:00 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shar01
Hey there,

I too just came off Lexapro and am just now starting on Wellbutrin with Klonopin as necessary. I thought Klonopin was to be taken regularly. Does anyone know if it's just as effective? I mean, I guess it works right away?

How has the combination worked for you so far? Any advice?

shar
I am taking only Klonopin right now, compared to xanax that seems to kick in within 10 mins or so, I find that the klonopin takes about 45 mins to an hour, so I take it about 45 mins before I want to go to sleep. Otherwise, if I take it right at bedtime, it seems to take about an hour for me to fall asleep.

Forgot to add, Klonopin can be taken regulary or as needed. I try to take the least amount, don't want to become addicted to it, I only take one at bedtime.

Last edited by lori j; 04-26-2004 at 02:01 AM.

Old 06-25-2004, 07:13 AM   #8

kimba28 HB User

I know I am answering an old post, but I am having the same problems. Anyone still on this thread?

Old 06-25-2004, 08:14 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

Hi KImba, yes still on this thread, were you on lexapro?

Old 06-26-2004, 08:53 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

salty HB Usersalty HB User

Msdragon, it's supposed to be weaning off for 10 weeks.

I did that and am now on Wellbutrin XL. No sexual side effects.

Salty

Old 08-12-2004, 05:55 PM   #11

kimba28 HB User

lori j,
yes...i was (and am trying to get off) lexapro...

Closed Thread