It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 08:03 AM   #1

rhonda45 HB User
Light Therapy

Has anyone used light threapy? I have Fibro and Depression. I work in an office from 7:30-4 with no outside light... in fact I don't even get to see outside unless I made a special trip to look out. I have been on Prozac for 7-8 years then changed to Celexia when that seemed to stop working. I then was on Celexia and Welbutrin together.
At first it was just during the winter I was depressed so I figured I had the depresion that was seasonal... then it became year round so I started taking my pills year round. I have read so much on this board that I feel better educated and decided to come off some of my meds... I weaned myself off the celexia and welbutrin (doc said o.k.) and I actually now have energy and am not sleeping 23 out of the 24 hours when possible...(I still ache and hurt from the fibro). I can only contribute the changes to going off the meds and feel that has helped my fatigue. I also actually feel like working in the yard some and I think that has helped, I also have gone to the tanning bed some... it seems that has helped.... soooooo... how does the light therapy work and what type of light do I need to get... can I just get the bulbs and put them in my office overhead lights????
thanks

Old 04-26-2004, 09:16 AM   #2

Tanki HB User
Re: Light Therapy

I do light therapy for seasonal affective disorder. Light boxes are expensive but well worth it if it helps you.

SAD usually starts about October and ends in April.. it varies though.

Have you been diagnosed with SAD?

I find it very beneficial, it does help get you that extra boose. Because it does work like sunshine , but without the UV.....just pricey.. again well worth it if it will work.

I couldn't do it this winter (the full winter) because I was too ultra senstive to it.

It takes a few weeks to actually start to work, but once it does and you sit under if for about 20mins every morning, you will notice a difference. Morning time is the best way to do it, earlier the better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread