It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2004, 08:19 PM   #1

SpoiledCutie258 HB User
Angry pregnant and depressed

I am 17 yrs old and am from maryland. I Moved from dundalk maryland in august to baltimore city maryland and ever since I have moved I have been deeply depressed. None of my friends want to talk to me no more because they make fun of city people and so did I when I was living in dundalk. I have lived in Dundalk for about 8 years and that is where all of my friends are.

I had to move to the city because my idiot 19 yr old sister moved out in early may of last year into my grandmoms apartment into the city with her roomate that she dident supposively get along with so kicked him out. She calle dup my parents crying wanting them to move here because if she came back to where we were living she couldent have her own room so she cried and cried intill they moved here. I was devistated when my parents told me I was moving to one of the crudiest places around and a place I hated. I cannot stand my older sister she is a fat lazy bum. When she moved it was the happiest day of mylife because she always was slamming stuff and started arguments and when she moved it was so peacefull.

In december I found out I was pregnant my a total cheat and liar in the USAF. Come to find out he was cheating on me with a 14 and 15 year old girl wich he is now in a military prison for. When my parents found out I was pregnant they decided to move and I was really hoping back to dundalk without my older sister but instead they want to move deeper into the city and into a all black neighborhood. I flipped! I havent lived on even the same block as a black person in like 10 years and now they want to move to a all black neighborhood.

Ever since I have moved to the city I have been depressed, ive had headaches, dizziness, stomach pains, shoulder pains and since I found out where we are moving to now and my lame bum older sister is still comming with us the pains and all have gotten worse.

I keep telling myparents I want to move back into dundalk but they ignore me. I red that i can misscarry or go into early labor if im depressed and imafraid that is going to happen. I dont no what to do. Ever since we have moved I have lost my friends, a hampster, a cat and now im loosing my dog because the new house we are moving to the women next door owns a daycare and my parents are afraid my dog will bite. I have had that dog for 7 years and I love him and now I have to get rid of him all so my parents can live in a black neighborhood. Also my older sister has a jelousy problem. As soon as she found out I was pregnant she started aguing with me and will not leave me alone. She is the type that the attention has to be on her 24/7, 7 days a week or shes not happy, all the attention is going on me now so shes jelous. She has mental problems and im afraid she will hurt my baby out of jelousy. She writes poems about dying and commiting suicde, right there that tells you shes not normal. Im afraid she will hurt my baby. im afraid I will go in early labor and or misscarry. What should I do and who should I talk to?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2004, 10:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User
Re: pregnant and depressed

I'm not real sure but maybe you could go into a home for unwed mothers. They would surely treat you better than your family does at this point. Call around the county & maybe even churches, they should have information to help you. They may even be able to help you find work once your baby is born. The stress you are living with is not good for you in your condition. Too bad your parents seem to only cater to the needs of your sister. I feel bad for you, wish I had more answers.

Old 04-23-2004, 11:02 PM   #3

Kasarah HB User

First you need to get a check up on your baby and make sure everything is ok with you and the baby ... look in your phone book ... there are 24 hour help lines and they will be able to give you the places to contact to get you the assistance you need to get out the home situation your in be it social assistance , a place to stay .... get yourself a journal try writing down what you feel (it is always a good place to start and will help you when you want to tell your case worker what it is you want) Make sure to document what is going on in the home ... if your sister is abusing you mentally or physically ... all of this can be damaning to the pregancy ... How far along are you???

Old 05-09-2004, 09:53 PM   #4

Tara983 HB User

you should call your local child services office, you're a minor and you should be taken care of by your family, but since they're not willing to help you, you should find someone who can. child services can arrange therapy for you and your family or put you somwhere where you can be stress free for the rest of your pregnancy...you shouldn't have to feel the way you do. you're going through some rough stuff right now and you should have all the support you can get.

Closed Thread