It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2004, 08:20 AM   #1
(female)

solcita HB Usersolcita HB User
Smile Warming Message

I received this email today and I thought it was a beautiful message.
I tried to translate it... I hope you get the idea because it was really hard to translate...
Enjoy it...

SOL

In a warm day of summer in the south of Florida, a boy decided to go to swim in the lake behind his house. He left running by the back door, he threw himself into the water and he swam happily. He did not realized that a crocodile was approaching him.
His mother from the house watched from behind the window, and saw with horror what was going on. Immediately she ran towards his son shouting more hard than she could. The kid heard his mom and alarmed started swimming towards her, but he was too late.
From the wharf the mother took the boy by his arms right when the cayman took his little legs. The woman hauled with strenght, with all the force of her heart. The crocodile was stronger, but the mother was more enthusiastic and her love did not let her stop. A gentleman who heard the shouts hurried towards the place with a pistol and killed the crocodile.
The boy survived and, although his legs suffered a big damage, still he was able to walk. When he was out of the trauma, a journalist asked him if he wanted to show him the scars of his legs. The boy raised his blanket and he showed them. But then, with great pride he rolled up his sleeves and showing him the the scars in his arms said: "But these are the ones you must see". They were the marks of the nails of his mother that had pressed with force. "I have them because my mom did not let me go and saved my life"

We, some times also have the scars of a painful past. Some are caused by our sins, but some are the track of God that has held us with force so we do not fall in the claws of bad. God bless you always, and remember that if your soul has hurt you sometimes, it is because God graved you so hard and did not let you fall.

Last edited by solcita; 04-24-2004 at 08:24 AM. Reason: bad typing! Sorry...it happens a lot! :)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2004, 10:13 AM   #2

euro18 HB User
Re: Warming Message

What happens if you don't believe in God?

Old 04-25-2004, 03:52 PM   #3
(female)

Foxbluff HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solcita
The boy survived and, although his legs suffered a big damage, still he was able to walk. When he was out of the trauma, a journalist asked him if he wanted to show him the scars of his legs. The boy raised his blanket and he showed them. But then, with great pride he rolled up his sleeves and showing him the the scars in his arms said: "But these are the ones you must see". They were the marks of the nails of his mother that had pressed with force. "[B]I have them because my mom did not let me go and saved my life
Thanks, Sol, for such a heartwarming story! It was very sweet of you to go to all the time & trouble to translate it here for us! I see it as a story abt the strength of a mother's love and the wonderful attitude of the son towards the pain & scars he's suffered. That's a lesson we all need to remember. Fox

Old 04-25-2004, 03:57 PM   #4
(female)

Foxbluff HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro18
You get eaten alive by crocodiles?

Old 04-25-2004, 08:42 PM   #5
(female)

solcita HB Usersolcita HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro18
Look, believe it or not I don't believe in God... I mean... I do believe in something Higher than us... But after what happened I am not much of a believer... but when I received the email, the message in it touched my heart and I wanted to believe it... that's why I posted in here...

So, what happens if you don't believe in God? ... Good question! I don't have the answer though... I guess if you don't believe in God, then believe in yourself and in the people around you... Have faith in you and the people that loves you... If you don't believe in God like me, then that's all you've got... like me... Because they won't let you fall... you just got to let them help ya.

Take care,

Sol

Old 04-26-2004, 04:11 AM   #6

euro18 HB User

Sorry sol , I know you took a lot of time to translate that message , but I was just having a bad day and was just angry! I actually believe in God !

Old 04-28-2004, 10:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

Hi Sol, I'm back! Just wanted to finally tell you how wonderfull your story was! At first, I thought you got your engilsh wrong! I read the first part and thought, she must have meant WARNING, not warming! Glad I read further! LOL It was touching! Glad you took the time to share it!

Closed Thread